PRTG Manual: Maps
The Enterprise Console Is Deprecated!
The Enterprise Console is deprecated. We provide the documentation in this section for your information only.
You can still use the Enterprise Console but we do not further develop the program. We recommend that you use PRTG Desktop instead.
The Enterprise Console has a tab-like interface. Using the tabs you can navigate through various pages with information about your monitored objects, such as your network status and monitoring results, for example, as well as access maps, reports, tickets and settings.
There is documentation available for the following tabs:
The page is split into two parts. On the left hand side you see all available maps from one or several servers, on the right hand side the details of the selected map.
- Click a map's name to display it. In the tabs above the map, select from View Map, Map Designer, Settings, Get HTML, Comments, and History. Each of these tabs loads the respective functionality of the Ajax Web Interface. Remember to click the Save button to apply your settings.
- Double-click a map's name to open the map in the configured external web browser. You can edit it using the Map Designer, or add new maps to this PRTG server.
- Right-click a map's name to open a context menu. The following options are available: Add, Edit, Delete, Clone, Send Link by Email, and Open in Web Browser.
- Use the Add Map button to create a new map and the button for object history to view all changes to maps.
For more details, see section Maps.
Click the Add Map button to add a new map to a PRTG server.
Depending on the current setting shown in the server selection bar in the upper-right corner, an (embedded) window will open (if one specific server is selected), or you will see a selection window that asks you to choose the core server that you want to add the new item to. Choose an installation to start.
For details about adding a map, see section Maps Step By Step.
- First Start
- General Layout
- Menu Tabs and Page Content
- PRTG Servers
- Windows Menu Structure
- Context Menus
- Shortcuts Overview