PRTG Manual: Welcome Page
This documentation refers to the PRTG System Administrator user accessing the Ajax interface on a master node. If you use other user accounts, interfaces, or nodes, you might not see all of the options in the way described here. If you use a cluster installation, note that failover nodes are read-only by default.
Welcome to PRTG Network Monitor
- Sensors: Open the Top 10 Lists for sensors.
- View All Alarms: Open a list of alarms in your PRTG installation.
Welcome Page: A Good Starting Point for Your Daily Monitoring Activities
You can also directly access several pages in the PRTG web interface from the welcome page:
- View Results: Open the device tree that shows your monitoring results.
- Install Smartphone App: Open the download page for PRTG's mobile apps.
- Download Enterprise Console: Open the download page for the Enterprise Console in PRTG (PRTG on premises only).
- Get Help and Support: Open the PRTG help and support page from where you can access the PRTG user manual, the Knowledge Base, and video tutorials. You can also open support tickets and contact our customer service from this page.
- Manage Subscription: Open your PRTG in the cloud dashboard and manage your subscriptions.
Welcome Page: Your PRTG
Other sections are:
- Paessler Blog: Shows recent information about PRTG and Paessler. Click the heading of an article to open it on paessler.com with your browser.
- Yesterday's Activity: Shows what your PRTG server did for you on the day before. Point with your mouse to the mini graph to show the number of sensor scans on a specific day. See also manual section PRTG Status—System Status, section Activity History.
- License Status: Shows the number of your remaining maintenance days for PRTG on premises and the number of sensors you can still add with your current license. Click Get Maintenance to open the Paessler shop and extend your maintenance for PRTG on premises installations. Click Get More Sensors to open the Paessler shop and upgrade your license. See also manual section PRTG Status—License Status and Settings.
The number of available sensors that is displayed here does not consider paused sensors for technical reasons. However, paused sensors do not count against the maximum number of sensors that your license allows. Add the number of your paused sensors to the displayed number to know exactly how many sensors are still available on your installation.
If you use a PRTG on premises license with an unlimited number of sensors, PRTG takes 10,000 sensors as starting point to calculate the number of available sensors, which is displayed here. Please consider the system requirements for a properly working PRTG setup and click Recommended Setup for more information.
- Update Available: Shows the version number of your PRTG on premises core server and the version number of the latest available PRTG version. You will see the label NEW if there is a newer version available. Click Install Update to open the PRTG Auto-Update page.
- If your PRTG on premises installation is currently not SSL-secured, the welcome page will ask you to enable SSL encryption for the PRTG website. Click Yes, Switch to SSL to enable SSL encryption or Don't Tell Me Again to remove this note from the welcome page. See also manual section System Administration—User Interface.
- If you still use the default password of the PRTG System Administrator user (prtgadmin) on a PRTG on premises installation, the welcome page will ask you to set a secret password if your PRTG website is publicly accessible. Click Change Default Password Now to define a new password. See also manual section System Administration—User Accounts.
- In the video section you find informative and helpful videos about monitoring with PRTG. Click a video to open and play it on paessler.com.
The collected information about your PRTG installation makes the welcome page a good starting point for your daily monitoring activities. Of course, you can also set up your custom dashboards in PRTG. The Maps feature of PRTG enables you to create dashboards exactly like you want.
- SSL Certificate Warning
- Welcome Page
- General Layout
- Sensor States
- Review Monitoring Data
- Compare Sensors
- Historic Data Reports
- Similar Sensors
- Recommended Sensors
- Object Settings
- System Information
- Working with Table Lists
- Object Selector
- Priority and Favorites
- Context Menus
- Hover Popup
- Main Menu Structure
Other Ajax Web Interface Sections