"The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software"
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: System Requirements
To install and work with PRTG Network Monitor, you need to meet the following requirements:
- A current PC or server with at least a dual core CPU and minimum 2048 MB RAM memory.
- We recommend that you use the operating system Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 for best performance.
- Web browser to access the web interface. The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome 49 or later (recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox 45 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Planning an Installation With Hundreds of Sensors or More?
The maximum number of sensors you can monitor with one installation of PRTG mainly depends on the monitoring technology and the monitoring intervals you use. In general, we recommend that you use a dedicated physical machine to run both the PRTG core server and PRTG remote probes. For more information, please see section Detailed System Requirements .
Paessler Website: System Requirements for PRTG Network Monitor—Recommended Setup for Most PRTG Users
Knowledge Base: Planning Large Installations of PRTG Network Monitor
Knowledge Base: How can I speed up PRTG—especially for large installations?
Knowledge Base: Checklist for Running PRTG on VMware
Knowledge Base: Which ports does PRTG use on my system?
Knowledge Base: Which .NET version does PRTG require?