"The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software"
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: Key Features
PRTG Network Monitor follows and analyses your network and requires no third party software. It's quick to download and install. PRTG will be up and running in a just a few minutes including a first auto-configuration. Smart Setup, the built in interactive guidance dialog, will lead you through the whole process.
What is PRTG for?
- Monitoring and alerting you to up-/downtimes or slow servers,
- System health monitoring of your various hardware devices,
- Network device monitoring, bandwidth accounting,
- Applications monitoring,
- Monitor virtual servers,
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring,
- System usage monitoring (for example, CPU loads, free memory, free disk space),
- Database performance as well as main parameter monitoring,
- Email server monitoring and reviewing various backup solutions,
- Monitoring the network's physical environment,
- Classifying network traffic by source/destination as well as content,
- Discovering unusual, suspicious, or malicious activity with devices or user,
- Measuring Quality of Service (QoS) and Voice over IP (VoIP) parameters,
- Cloud monitoring services,
- Discovering and evaluating network devices,
- Collecting system information for various hardware,
- Finding unexpected relationships between your network components to detect potential security issues and assessing the real usage of your network and hardware,
- Monitoring a fail-safe using a failover cluster setup.
What is included in PRTG?
The PRTG installer contains everything necessary to run your monitoring system immediately without any for third party modules:
- High performance - PRTG's own fast and efficient database system stores the raw monitoring results, as well as logs, toplists, and tickets (outperforms SQL servers for monitoring data), accessible through the Application Programming Interface (API). You can distribute high loads on multiple probes.
- Low system requirements: An average PC (not older than 2 years) is sufficient and even a netbook can monitor over thousand sensors. Fur detailed system requirements see here.
- High security standards: SSL encryption for connections and web servers, a personalized user rights management, and much more.
- A built-in SSL secured web server with HTTP and HTTPS support for the user interface.
- Fast web interface, works as Single Page Application (SPA) to avoid time-extensive reloading of the page.
- A mail server for automatic email delivery.
- Customizable, personalized alerting
- Various notification technologies, for example, email, push, SMS-text messages, syslog and SNMP traps, HTTP requests, event logs, Amazon SNS, executing scripts.
- Multiple triggers, for example, status alerts, limit alerts, threshold alerts, multiple condition alerts, escalation alerts.
- gradual dependencies to avoid alarm floods, acknowledment of certain alarms to avoid further notifications for this alarm, and alert scheduling.
- In-depth report generator to create reports on-the-fly as well as scheduled reports in HTML or Portable Document Format (PDF). Several report templates are available by default.
- Graphics engines for user-friendly live and historic data graphs.
- Network analysis modules to automatically discover network devices and sensors.
- Distributed monitoring to monitor several networks in different locations.
- Special features for Managed Service Provider (MSP) to monitor customer networks and increase the quality of service.
- Data publishing with real time dashboards—private and public—including live performance and status information. You can design these maps as you like with many different objects, as well as you can integrate external custom objects.
- Multiple languages such as English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Customization: The PRTG Application Programming Interface (API) allows you to develop your own features. Additionally, you can create custom sensors, notifications, and device templates according to your specific requirements.
PRTG Network Monitor supports monitoring up to several thousand sensors per installation, depending on various parameters. It can optionally work with multiple remote probes to monitor multiple sites or network segments from one central core installation, and to distribute high loads. You can also configure fail-safe monitoring using a cluster installation to perform automatic failovers. Single failover installations are allowed with every PRTG license.
The software is based on the Paessler’s reliable monitoring technology, which is being constantly improved since 1997. We already have more than 150,000 daily users. Our outstanding support ensures your inquiries are answered within one business day for best possible network monitoring. Attractive licensing packages from freeware (up to 100 sensors) to enterprise level (with thousands of sensors) make sure every user finds the best-possible solution.