PRTG Manual: Manage Device Tree
While viewing the device tree (or parts of it), click the Management tab to enter a different tree view that shows your devices and sensors in a less colorful way. While in this view, you can move monitoring objects using drag&drop in your browser window. You can also view and edit object settings by selecting an object. Changes take effect immediately. When done, leave the Management tab.
To arrange objects in the tree, you have the following options:
You can either move a sensor within the same device, or clone a sensor to another device.
- Within the same device, drag any sensor and drop it to the place where you want to have it. When dropping, the sensor will be moved to this position and existing sensors will be lined up after it. This is a very easy way to reposition your sensors.
- Drag any sensor from one device and drop it on another to clone a sensor. This will create the same sensor type, with the same settings, on the new device, while maintaining the original sensor.
Cloned sensors are put in Paused status initially to give you the chance to change any settings before monitoring begins. Please check the settings and resume monitoring.
You cannot clone fixed objects, such as the root group, a probe device, or PRTG system internal sensors.
You can change a group's or device's position by using drag&drop.
- Within the same probe or group, drag any group or device and move it up or down in the device tree. A small red arrow will appear, showing the future position. When dropping, the group or device will be moved to this position and existing probes, groups, and devices will be lined up underneath. This is a very easy way to reposition your groups or devices.
- Drag any group or device from one probe or group and drop it on another probe or group. A small red arrow will appear, showing the future position. When dropping, the group or device will be moved to the new probe or group. Existing groups and devices will be lined up underneath. This is a very easy way to change the probe a group or device is part of, or to add groups or devices to other groups.
You cannot move the Local Probe, Hosted Probe and Remote Probes.
You can use Multi-Edit for object settings:
- Hold down the Ctrl key and select multiple groups, devices, or sensors (one of a kind).
- In the appearing dialog, select the settings you want to edit, change the according values, and click Save. The changes will be applied to all selected objects.
The dialog is the same as described in the Multi-Edit (Edit Settings) section.
For other ways to arrange objects, see
- Create Objects Manually
- Manage Device Tree
- Root Group Settings
- Probe Settings
- Group Settings
- Device Settings
- Sensor Settings—List of Available Sensor Types
- Additional Sensor Types (Custom Sensors)
- Sensor Channel Settings
- Sensor Notification Triggers Settings
Other Ajax Web Interface Sections