The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: Add Remote Probe
To monitor different sub-networks that are separated by a firewall, to keep an eye on remote locations, or for several other scenarios, you can extend your monitoring by installing one or more Remote Probes .
Click here to enlarge: http://media.paessler.com/prtg-screenshots/monitoring-remote-locations-via-remote-probes.png
Extend Your Monitoring Now
Installing remote probes is easy—you can do it within a few minutes. Please see the sections linked below for further instructions.
- Background: Remote Probes and Multiple Probes
- Installing: Remote Probe Quick Install
- Step by Step: Remote Probe Setup
Video Tutorial: Core Server and Remote Probes
- Active Directory Integration
- Application Programming Interface (API) Definition
- Filter Rules for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Channel Definitions for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Define IP Ranges
- Define Lookups
- Regular Expressions
- Add Remote Probe
- Failover Cluster Configuration
- Data Storage
- Using Your Own SSL Certificate
- Calculating Percentiles