PRTG Manual: Regular Expressions
PRTG does not support regex options or regex flags like, for example, /g (global), or /s (single line), or /gs, and will not correctly search for the target string if you try to set options.
Find matches containing the word error or alarm:
Find matches containing the words error and alarm in any order:
Find matches containing all of the words tree, flower, leaf, and bug, in any order:
It is not possible to match an empty string using the PRTG regex search with sensors.
The search pattern
will match the following expressions:
- alarm error
- error alarm
- I am an error and I evoke an alarm
- I am an alarm and I indicate an error
- An alarm combined with an error indeed!
- An error combined with an alarm, too!
Regex101: Test and debug your regular expressions
Regex Tester: Test Regular expressions interactively
Wikipedia: Regular expression
- Active Directory Integration
- Application Programming Interface (API) Definition
- Filter Rules for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Channel Definitions for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Define IP Ranges
- Define Lookups
- Regular Expressions
- Add Remote Probe
- Failover Cluster Configuration
- Data Storage
- Using Your Own SSL Certificate
- Calculating Percentiles