PRTG Manual: Show Dependencies
This function shows an overview of the dependencies configured for the objects in your setup.
For a general introduction, see the Dependencies section.
In the main menu bar, hover over Devices | Dependencies to show other menu items. Follow the menu path (it is specific to your setup) to view dependencies of the objects in a specific probe or group only.
- Selected Dependencies shows a table of manually set dependencies (section Select object in any object's settings).
- Master Dependencies shows a table of master dependencies.
- Dependencies Graph shows a visualization of device, group, and sensor dependencies. See below.
Click Dependencies Graph to see the device tree in the dependencies graph view with lines of different color connecting objects. Hover over Dependencies Graph to show other menu items for the dependency graph (probes and groups). Click a probe or group menu item to show its dependencies directly. The lines in the dependencies graph symbolize dependencies between the monitoring objects in the device tree. Additionally, a color code is used for the dependencies.
To show the Dependencies Graph, you need to access the PRTG web interface as a PRTG System Administrator user.
- Above the graph header bar, you can switch the dependencies view to tables of the currently selected object with the Select Dependencies Table and Master Dependencies Table tabs. The Overview tab shows an overview of the currently selected object.
- Mark the radio buttons in the header bar to Show or Hide master dependencies. By default, Hide is selected and only parent, selected, and broken dependencies are shown.
These buttons are not available in Internet Explorer for technical reasons. Please use Google Chrome 61 or later (recommended) or Mozilla Firefox 56 or later.
- Click the + or — buttons on the left in the header bar to zoom in or out of the graph.
- Click probe and group nodes to show the respective dependencies.
- Click device or sensor nodes to open the corresponding overview tab.
- Click the + or — boxes to expand or collapse probe and group nodes.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate how many child nodes of an object are shown.
The line's colors show the kind and source of a dependency. This represents the Dependency Type as defined in the Schedule, Dependencies, and Maintenance Window settings of a probe, group, device, or sensor.
You can find the color legend also in the graph header bar.
Gray lines show a dependency by inheritance (Use parent). The source of the dependency is the parent object on the left end of the line, for example, Root is the parent of Local Probe.
Green lines show a master dependency for a device (Master object for parent). The sensor that is set as the master points to the dependent device with a green arrow head at the line's end. The arrow head from the dependent device to its master object is pink.
Pink lines show a dependency that was set manually (Select object). The source of the dependency points to the dependant with a pink arrow at the line's end.
Red lines indicate broken dependencies, for example, if the master is not available.
- Arrange Objects
- Clone Object
- Create Device Template
- Show Dependencies
- Geo Maps
Other Ajax Web Interface Sections