PRTG Manual: Libraries
With the Libraries feature, you can create special views of your device tree with up-to-date monitoring status information arranged the way you want.
In this section:
For more information, see the video tutorial: PRTG - Libraries
Libraries enable you to create additional views of your device tree. These views are updated in the same scanning interval as your device tree and show the same monitoring data, but arranged the way you want. This is useful if you want to display data in different ways, like depending on target groups or a specific use case.
For example, you can create a library that contains an overview of all your bandwidth monitoring sensors, regardless of the device that they run on.
The library features include:
- Create libraries containing library nodes with monitoring objects from all over your configuration.
- Show data from different probes in one library.
- Show different branches of your device tree right next to each other.
- Arrange sensors in a tree-like view regardless of the device that they run on.
- Filter your entire tree (or parts of it) for sensor type, status, or tag, showing only matching sensors.
You can also create libraries using drag-and-drop.
PRTG comes with several preconfigured standard libraries that you can also edit or delete. The following libraries are automatically created when you install PRTG for the first time. These libraries are only visible to administrators. Some of them are initially empty, but as you add more sensors, they are filled automatically according to the filter settings defined for the library nodes:
- All bandwidth sensors
- All CPU load sensors
- All disk space sensors
- All memory sensors
- All VMware sensors
- Sensors grouped by priority
- Sensors grouped by state
Sensors that are added to libraries are not counted against the maximum number of sensors of your license.
Click Libraries in the main menu bar to view or add custom views of your network's status and monitoring data. Hover over Libraries to show other options.
Open the Libraries overview list where you can view or add custom device tree views of your network status and monitoring data.
Open an assistant to create a new library.
Open a library. Hover over Select Library to show more options. Follow the alphabetical menu path (it is specific to your setup) to view your libraries. Click a library to open it.
In the All view, you see a list of all libraries. Using the Edit buttons, you can perform the following actions.
- Used by: Show which other monitoring objects use this library.
- Clone: Create a clone of this library.
- Delete: Delete this library.
- Settings: Open this library and change the settings of the library and its library nodes.
Hover over and select Add Library from the menu to add a new library.
See also section Working with Table Lists. Additionally, the multi-edit functionality is available. This enables you to change properties of several objects simultaneously via bulk changes. For more information, see section Multi-Edit.
For detailed information on how to create and edit libraries, see the following sections.
PRTG - Libraries
- Arrange Objects
- Clone Object
- Create Device Template
- Show Dependencies
- Geo Maps
Other Ajax Web Interface Sections