PRTG Manual: PRTG Desktop
PRTG Desktop is an alternative interface that you can use to connect to one or several independent PRTG core servers or PRTG hosted by Paessler instances to configure your setup, view monitoring results, and keep an eye on your network. It is a cross-platform application for fast access to data and monitoring management.
PRTG Desktop natively includes most PRTG functions. For a few options, PRTG Desktop opens an external browser window using your default browser, for example, for system setup.
PRTG Desktop also optionally displays a tray icon, taskbar notifications, or plays notification sounds to keep you up to date in the case of new Alarms, Log Entries, or Tickets.
To use PRTG Desktop, download and install it on your Windows or macOS computer.
Download the PRTG Desktop user manual here: PRTG Desktop—User Manual (PDF)
Directly download PRTG Desktop from our website: PRTG Desktop—Free Download
Using the Multi Server functionality of PRTG Desktop, you can connect to several independent servers to view their data and manage your monitoring centrally.
- Dashboard: Show an overview of all sensors and current alarms of each configured server.
- Details: Select a configured server to show its alarms.
- Report: Show an overview of the number of sensors on each connected server and in total, and the number of sensors that show a certain status. Export the report in comma-separated values (CSV) format.
PRTG Desktop is mainly designed to review and manage PRTG installations that you already set up. If you have just started with monitoring, we recommend that you first run through the Smart Setup in the PRTG web interface and add your network devices there. Once finished, you can seamlessly switch to PRTG Desktop.
PRTG hosted by Paessler supports connections from PRTG Desktop. For more information, see section Using PRTG hosted by Paessler.
- Ajax Web Interface—Basic Procedures
- Ajax Web Interface—Device and Sensor Setup
- Ajax Web Interface—Advanced Procedures
Which audible notifications are available in the PRTG web interface and in PRTG Desktop?
How do I troubleshoot erratic behavior of push notifications in PRTG Desktop or the mobile apps?
How to set up PRTG Desktop Notifications in 3 steps