PRTG Manual: Desktop Notifications
While you are logged in to the PRTG web interface with your Google Chrome or Firefox browser, PRTG can show notifications on your desktop whenever there are new alarms in your monitoring.
PRTG shows desktop notifications (by default, in the lower-right corner of your desktop) whenever there are new alarms after a page refresh in the PRTG web interface. The notification displays the number of new alarms and the current number of each sensor status.
Desktop notifications are not available for Internet Explorer.
When you log in to the PRTG web interface, a message appears, asking you to allow desktop notifications. You have to initially allow the notifications for each installation or profile of Firefox or Google Chrome.
Desktop notifications in Google Chrome are not available for HTTP connections. See section User Interface for more information.
- In Google Chrome, click Allow to add the URL of the PRTG web interface to the allowed sites.
- In Firefox, click Allow Notifications to add the URL of the PRTG web interface to the allowed sites.
To disable or re-enable desktop notifications for the PRTG web interface, edit your browser options:
- In Google Chrome: Click the View site information icon in the address bar of the browser. You can block or re-enable notifications for the PRTG web interface in section Notifications.
- In Firefox: Click the Show site information icon in the address bar of the browser. You can block or re-enable notifications for the PRTG web interface in section Permissions.
- Account Settings
- System Administration
- User Interface
- Notification Delivery
- Core & Probes
- User Accounts
- User Groups
- Administrative Tools
- PRTG Status
- Licensing Status and Settings
- Optional Downloads
- Help and Support Center
- Contact Support
There are some settings that you must make in the PRTG Administration Tool. For more details, see the sections: