The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: Support—Contact Support
To open the Contact Paessler Support / Send Your Feedback to Paessler window in PRTG, choose Setup | Contact Support from the main menu. You can open this form also via the footer Contact Support on any page in PRTG.
On the one hand, you can adapt this page as feedback form. Help improve PRTG by providing criticism, praise, bug reports, and feature requests. Any comments are welcome! Your feedback will be handled directly by the Paessler support team.
On the other hand, you can use this function to ask for support regarding technical issues. To make the support contact more comfortable, PRTG can automatically attach a screenshot in combination with a Support Bundle which contains several selected PRTG log and status files. This information will help our support team a lot to analyze any issues you may have with PRTG. Please also consider the suggested links to articles regarding the scope of your issue.
PRTG transmits your feedback or support question including the support bundle securely to Paessler via the PRTG Cloud. Please make sure your PRTG server has access to the internet and can reach the URL https://api.prtgcloud.com:443
Provide the following information in this section of the contact form:
- Your Ticket ID PAExxx : If you have already opened a new ticket (either directly via email to [email protected], or via the Knowledge Base, or via the support form on paessler.com), enter its ID here. You can find it in your confirmation email regarding the request we received. You can provide the ID with "PAE" in front or just the number. If you leave this field empty, you will create a new ticket when you submit this form.
- Your Email Address : Enter your email address here. You can provide any of your addresses; however, recommended and default is the email address of your PRTG account to be able to associate you with your license.
- Scope of Your Question : Select a topic regarding your issue and consider the proposed links.
- Emotional State : If you want to, you can indicate your current feelings about PRTG.
- Describe Your Question in One Sentence : Provide short information with max. 60 characters to indicate the topic of your issue.
- Do You Have Any Further Comments? : Leave your comments here. It can be feedback or support questions. Please describe your issue as detailed as possible!
To provide as helpful information as possible, you can attach a screenshot of the current page and a support bundle with useful analytical data about your PRTG installation.
In section Screenshot , choose between:
- Do not attach screenshot : Send the ticket without a screenshot.
We recommend that you attach a screenshot of the affected PRTG webpage so that we can understand your request more easily.
- Create and attach screenshot (recommended) : Create a screenshot of the currently displayed page in PRTG to send it with your ticket. You can see a preview below the screenshot section.
If you encounter issues on a specific page in PRTG, open the contact support form on this page to get a screenshot of it. This is not possible on error pages which are not meaningful enough for our support team to solve your issue.
In the section Support Bundle , you can choose between several packages that differ in coverage of information:
- Attach Base Pack with log files (recommended) : Contains log files of your PRTG installation and the following information:
- System status
- Lists of sensors regarding their current states
- Core state data
- Probe Health sensor data
- Current log entries
- Attach Base Pack with log files and PRTG configuration file : Additionally contains the configuration file.
Send this package only if our support team told you so! Encrypted passwords in the config.dat file and passwords that your browser masks while you enter them on settings pages will be removed before PRTG sends this package to Paessler Support.
- Do not attach a Support Bundle : The ticket will not contain files. Choose this option only when sending feedback.
Click the Submit button to send your request directly to our technical support team, or click Cancel to return to the page from which you opened the contact form. Usually you will receive an answer by our support team within one or two business days, no matter whether you provide feedback or you have a question.
If you have questions or feedback regarding your license purchase, upgrade, or maintenance extension, please contact our customer service.
Knowledge Base: How does Paessler handle user feedback and feature requests?