PRTG Manual: Add Remote Probe
Remote probes can extend your monitoring with PRTG.
- With remote probes, you can monitor different subnetworks that are separated from your PRTG core server by a firewall, and you can keep an eye on remote locations. You can install one or more remote probes.
- Remote probes are useful if you want to distribute monitoring load by taking it from the PRTG core server system and putting it on one or more remote probe systems.
- You need a remote probe if you want to monitor your local network with a PRTG Hosted Monitor instance.
For instructions on how to add a remote probe, see the following sections:
- Background information: Remote Probes and Multiple Probes
- Step-by-step installation: Install a Remote Probe
- Partially automatic installation: Remote Probe Setup via Device Tools
- Quick installation guide on the Paessler website: How to install a PRTG remote probe in 4 steps
How to install a PRTG remote probe in 4 steps
How to connect PRTG through a firewall in 4 steps
Distributed monitoring with PRTG