PRTG Manual: Add Remote Probe
Remote probes can extend your monitoring with PRTG.
- With remote probes, you can monitor different subnetworks that are separated from your PRTG core server by a firewall, and you can keep an eye on remote locations. You can install one or more remote probes.
- Remote probes are useful if you want to distribute monitoring load by taking it from the PRTG core server system and putting it on one or more remote probe systems.
You need a remote probe if you want to monitor your local network with a PRTG Hosted Monitor instance.
For instructions on how to add a remote probe, see the following sections:
- Background information: Remote Probes and Multiple Probes
- Step-by-step installation: Install a Remote Probe
- Partially automatic installation: Remote Probe Setup via Device Tools
- Quick installation guide on the Paessler website: How to install a PRTG remote probe in 4 steps
How to install a PRTG remote probe in 4 steps
How to connect PRTG through a firewall in 4 steps
Distributed monitoring with PRTG