PRTG Manual: Move Objects
There are several options for moving objects in the device tree or for moving objects from one probe or group to a different probe or group.
Probes or Groups: Management Tab
The Management tab is available when you view probes or groups. After you click this tab, you can directly move devices and sensors in the device tree via drag-and-drop.
If it is not possible to move an object, PRTG automatically starts a clone process.
For more information, see section Manage Device Tree.
When you view the Overview tab of a device, you see a list of all sensors on the device.
Click the column headers Pos, Sensor, Status, or Priority to sort the sensor list. To change a sensor's position, click at the beginning of the row, drag the sensor to the new position, and drop it.
Right-click any object in the device tree to show its context menu. Hover over Move to open the Move menu. The following actions are available:
- Top: Move the object to the top of the parent object.
- Up: Move the object one entry up.
- Down: Move the object one entry down.
- Bottom: Move the object to the bottom of the parent object.
- Management: Open the Management tab of the object. This setting is only available for probes and groups.