Free VoIP monitoring with PRTG:
Improve the performance of your VoIP
PRTG serves as a VoIP troubleshooter
PRTG monitors VoIP traffic and reduces packet loss
PRTG minimizes VoIP jitter
PRTG reduces VoIP errors and improves performance
Free VoIP monitoring
- PRTG as a VoIP troubleshooter: 5 sensors to help you get started
- Our free VoIP monitoring tool in action
- VoIP monitoring software – and much more: The advantages of PRTG
- VoIP monitoring software in action
- Your investment in quality of service: PRTG pays for itself in no time
- A comparison of the best VoIP monitoring tools
- VoIP – Frequently asked questions (and their answers)
PRTG as a VoIP troubleshooter:
5 sensors to help you get started
- The QoS (Quality of Service) Round Trip Sensor measures quality of service (latency, jitter, packet loss, etc.)
- The QoS (Quality of Service) One Way Sensor measures the quality of the connection between two devices
- The Ping Sensor measures the reachability of packets and packet loss (%)
- The Cisco IP SLA Sensor measures the quality of service of your Cisco devices (e.g. routers and switches)
- The Ping Jitter Sensor measures the jitter value of a series of pings
Your VoIP troubleshooting is complete. What will you do with the other 95 free sensors?
PRTG comes with 100 free sensors that you can use for as long as you like. It also comes with free reports and a notification system. PRTG can be accessed on your desktop as well as on our app.
VoIP monitoring software – and much more:
The advantages of PRTG
Improve the performance of your VoIP
Your video calls keep crashing? Your Internet phone line cuts in and out? With PRTG, you can get to the root of these problems and continually improve the performance of your VoIP. Your coworkers will thank you for it! PRTG helps you keep support tickets to a minimum.
PRTG immediately sounds the alarm whenever something goes wrong with your VoIP. The problem can lie in any number of places, including a router or a defective switch. PRTG provides you with an overview of your entire network. It lets you quickly identify the source of errors and take action immediately. This frees up precious time for other things.
VoIP traffic analyzer
PRTG analyzes your VoIP traffic over long periods of time. As a result, you can intervene if you notice that the load continues to increase. PRTG reports are ideal for sharing key monitoring data with your superiors.
Looking to set up centralized network monitoring with PRTG? If so, then you’ll want to choose the right license. Regardless of your choice, you’ll get the full range of features of our software. PRTG comes with over 250 preconfigured sensors for all the biggest manufacturers, including Cisco, Dell, and HP. It lets you monitor virtual environments, distributed networks, and much more.
VoIP monitoring software in action:
10 or 10,000 sensors, everything is included
“We wanted to set up a continuous end-to-end monitoring solution that provides for a comprehensive overview.”
Karsten Wölfer, IT Manager at Jena University Hospital. The hospital monitors servers, routers, switches, VoIP telephones, and medical equipment with our software.To the case study
Your investment in quality of service:
PRTG pays for itself in no time
The costs for a one-year PRTG license usually pay for themselves within a few weeks.
PRTG improves the reliability of your
PRTG saves network
PRTG saves time spent on
Practical tip: “Hey Konstantin, what can I do with the PRTG QoS Reflector?”
“When using our QoS (Quality of Service) Round Trip Sensor, you usually need to place a remote probe on a second Windows computer to measure the round-trip values of data packets. With the PRTG QoS Reflector, this is no longer necessary. The Reflector is a Python script that sends data packets from the endpoint back to PRTG. The QoS Reflector also runs on all Linux systems, even a small Raspberry Pi.”
Konstantin Wolff, Software Developer at Paessler AG
VoIP – Frequently asked questions (and their answers)
Which monitoring tools
VoIP monitoring is essentially part of network monitoring. You can choose from open-source software such as Nagios and proprietary tools like SolarWinds and PRTG. As with all tools, the choice is dependent upon the size of your network and the price-performance ratio of the respective provider. PRTG is used by over 300,000 administrators worldwide.
What is the Mean Opinion
The Mean Opinion Score (MOS) rates the voice and image quality of VoIP transmissions. It is the arithmetical average of several parameters. With PRTG, you can measure and keep a constant eye on the MOS. Learn more about MOS monitoring here.
What is packet loss?
Unfortunately, the quality of VoIP can sometimes be lacking. And more often than not, the problem is caused by packet loss. One single lost packet can lead to transmission errors and cause VoIP quality of service to suffer. PRTG lets you monitor the rate of packet loss. Learn more about packet loss here.
What is latency?
Latency is the time that is required for a data packet to travel from its starting point to its destination. It is measured in milliseconds (ms). There are various ways to measure latency. PRTG complies with the standards of the RTCP (RFC 1889). Learn more about measuring and monitoring network latency here.
What is jitter?
Jitter is the deviation from the mean latency value, i.e. the amount of time a data packet needs to reach its destination. PRTG keeps a constant eye on fluctuations in jitter values. Learn more about jitter monitoring here.
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 184.108.40.2067 (January 26th, 2021)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications