Always on time
with NTP Monitoring
- PRTG monitors your NTP Servers
- Identify sources of errors more quickly with NTP Monitoring
- Our dashboard lets you keep an eye on everything
NTP Monitoring makes
When a problem occurs in your network, every minute counts when searching for its cause, especially if the problem is a critical one. The exact time a problem occurs plays an important role in determining its cause. The question: Did any unusual incidents take place at the time the problem occurred?
The NTP Sensor continuously compares the times of your network devices with the times of a precise NTP server. This allows all network log files to be compared with one another. Ambiguity regarding the classification of errors is eliminated, and administrators are able to find causes and solutions more efficiently.
With PRTG, everyone will work with peace of mind.
collected by PRTG for your NTP monitoring
Local system times of network devices
Precise NTP server time
Differences between local times and server time
This is what NTP monitoring looks like in PRTG
This is how NTP monitoring with PRTG works
NTP allows servers to communicate their system times with each other. Because NTP works as a server itself and is not dependent on the local system time, time differences can be compared. The NTP server is a computer that is synchronized by a high-precision clock, such as a GPS satellite.
The NTP Sensor lets you monitor the NTP server. It provides the response time and time difference in comparison with the local time. All local network times can therefore be placed in relation to one another.
NTP monitoring with PRTG
Identify sources of errors faster
Thanks to NTP monitoring, you can place the times in log files in relation to the time when the problem occurred, and therefore determine the underlying cause of a problem more quickly.
Automation for a lighter workload
Administrators will spend less time racking their brains and painstakingly comparing times themselves. With the NTP Sensor, time differences are synchronized automatically in the background.
PRTG simplifies your day!
Let our NTP monitoring software work for you.
So you can concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for all your NTP servers. You’ll enjoy a quick and complete overview at all times via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves worry
Monitoring your servers around the clock has never been easier. The built-in alarm feature is quick to act – before crashes and complaints arise.
PRTG saves money
80% of our customers report substantial or even exceptional network management cost savings. The experience of our customers shows that the costs for licenses have paid for themselves in an average of 3 ½ months.
"I particularly like having breakfast at home and just surveying my domain, and understanding what's working and what isn't."
Steve Coppin, Oxford University
Your NTP Monitoring at a glance
– even on the go
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with most mobile devices.
Award winning solution
We work hard on making our software as powerful and easy-to-use
as possible for our customers each and every day.
Of course it makes us proud when we get awards for that.
PAESSLER AG –
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 126.96.36.19928 (January 9th, 2018)|
|Download for Windows and cloud version (PRTG in the cloud) available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more...|
Supported Vendors & Applications