What is RAM Monitoring?
RAM Monitoring keeps a constant eye on the memory of all your systems. It helps identify resource-hungry applications and highly loaded servers. Thus, network bottlenecks and poor network performance can be prevented.
Address issues at an early stage with PRTG
At times, even simple applications may need significant memory and have an impact on overall server performance. With PRTG, you have a tool that automatically checks all properties of all devices such as the status of the main memory. You will be informed in good time before bottlenecks occur.
Your memory checker PRTG recognizes at an early stage issues that can impede workflows. PRTG memory monitoring sends a warning signal when the RAM usage of one or more servers is getting too high and threatens memory shortage. This allows you to take the appropriate, targeted steps to ensure network performance and avoid loss of data and downtime.
PRTG comes with preconfigured memory analysing sensors
What is a Sensor?
by Kimberley, Senior System Engineer
What, exactly, is a "sensor" within PRTG? What is a "channel"? This video discusses PRTG sensors and channels, including a few concrete examples of both, to illustrate this fundamental PRTG concept.
iSNMP stands for Simple Network Monitoring Protocol. Its usefulness in network administration comes from the fact that it allows information to be collected about network-connected devices in a standardized way across a large variety of hardware and software types. SNMP is a protocol for management information transfer in networks, for use in LANs especially, depending on the chosen version. Read more ...
WMI Memory Sensor
SNMP Memory Sensor
The SNMP Memory sensor monitors the memory usage of a system via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
It can show the following:
- Available memory in bytes
- Available memory in percent
- Total memory
SNMP IBM System X Physical Memory Sensor
The SNMP IBM System X Physical Memory sensor monitors the memory modules in an IBM server via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
It shows the following:
- Condition of memory controller
- Power status (on or off)
SNMP HPE ProLiant Memory Controller Sensor
The SNMP HPE ProLiant Memory Controller sensor monitors a memory controller in an HPE server via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
It shows the following:
- Error status of the controller
- Condition of the controller
- States and conditions of available modules.
SNMP Linux Meminfo Sensor
The SNMP Linux Meminfo sensor monitors the memory usage of a Linux/Unix system using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
It shows the following :
- Available memory in absolute and percentage values
- Used physical memory (free memory plus buffer plus cache) in percent
- Free physical memory (free memory plus buffer plus cache) in bytes
- Used swap memory in percent
- Free swap memory in bytes
- Used memory on the whole system (physical memory plus swap) in percent
- Free memory on the whole system (physical memory plus swap) in bytes
SSH Meminfo Sensor
Create a memory sensor to fit your needs. Then customize PRTG to work effectively with your own particular circumstances.
Your memory monitoring at a glance
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
“The greatest advantage of PRTG? You get to rest easy“
Steffen Ille, Bauhaus-University Weimar.
PRTG simplifies your day!
Let the Memory Monitoring Software work for you.
Focus on your daily work instead.
PRTG saves you effort
Monitor your hardware devices with system memory around the clock and with no stress at all. The built-in alarm feature alerts you even before problems occur – to avoid downtimes, overloads and complaints.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for all of your devices. Thanks to our dashboard and app, you’ll enjoy quick and comprehensive memory overviews any time you like.
PRTG saves money
80% of our customers report substantial or even exceptional cost savings in the area of memory management. The experience of our customers shows that the costs for licenses have paid for themselves within a matter of weeks.
Memory Monitoring in PRTG Works as Follows:
Offers the Following Advantages
- Memory bottlenecks can be avoided.
- Administrators can easily discover which applications unnecessarily consume memory.
- With an impending overload, timely measures to ease the situation can be introduced, the allocation process informed, and memory scaled.
Be Alerted Quickly
PRTG features a variety of memory alerts: E-mail, SMS, Pager, Apps, running an external application, etc. You can specify when and how each person is to be informed. To do so, you can add contacts and edit, delete, or pause your notifications at any time.
The notification system is built into the monitoring software and is available at no extra charge. Because of its integrated quality, configuring the alert feature is done in just a few clicks.
PRTG won't wait to let you know if "your RAM load is on fire." You define your own thresholds. If these are crossed, you'll receive a corresponding notification. This means you can intervene promptly before clients or coworkers are aware of any problems.
Award winning solution
We work hard on making our software as powerful and easy-to-use
as possible for our customers each and every day.
Of course it makes us proud when we get awards for that.
Memory monitoring with PRTG work?
PRTG uses SNMP and WMI to monitor the memory on Windows servers and computers. But PRTG is not a Windows-only monitoring software: Linux operating systems can also be monitored with an SNMP daemon or with native Linux sensors.
Administrators can set limits and configure alerts that are sent when memory usage on one or more servers is getting too high.
PAESSLER AG –
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 22.214.171.12428 (January 9th, 2018)|
|Download for Windows and cloud version (PRTG in the cloud) available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more...|
Supported Vendors & Applications