24/7 IT availability:
Prevent costly downtime in hospitals
Computer, system, and service errors can seriously hinder workflows
Prevent downtime by monitoring around the clock with PRTG
Stop errors in their tracks
Hospital IT monitoring with PRTG
How computer malfunctions affect hospitals
Computers, workstations, networked diagnostic equipment, and mobile digital devices such as tablets are vital to the smooth running of hospitals.
Among other things, IT systems are necessary to input and access patient data and coordinate and communicate with other departments.
If a device or system fails, many tasks can no longer be performed properly or even at all. This can result in one or more of the following:
- Schedules cannot be kept
- Patients are sent home
- Paperwork has to be done manually
- Important patient data is not available immediately
- Staff cannot perform important tasks
- Work processes get mixed up
- Operations and treatments get postponed
- Accounting and paperwork are delayed
PRTG makes network monitoring easy
Doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff are extremely pressed for time. If their computers malfunction, this makes their jobs all the more difficult.
Along with the workflows of doctors and nurses, system and computer errors in hospitals tend to also wreak havoc on the accounting department. In order to process invoices and settle patient accounts, the accounting department needs smooth-running computers, a stable Internet connection, and a reliable connection to the hospital databases and servers.
PRTG helps you prevent errors and malfunctions and maximize the availability of computers, systems, and services.
Prevent computer malfunctions in hospitals with PRTG
Hospitals must not only monitor their patients with high-tech medical devices but also their IT systems with appropriate monitoring software. PRTG Network Monitor helps you keep your hospital IT systems
Quickly identify overloads
Does the network overload during shift changes? Do daily backups cause the performance of your system to suffer? PRTG lets you quickly identify potential overloads and take action at once. As a result, you’ll improve the speed and performance of your systems and keep downtime to a minimum.
Targeted capacity planning
PRTG keeps a constant eye on network and hardware parameters such as server load, bandwidth, memory, and the remaining space on hard drives. It lets you quickly identify potential bottlenecks and upgrade your IT environment in a targeted and future-oriented manner.
PRTG helps you identify problems before they arise. It lets you anticipate and fix potential problems such as insufficient disk space, missing licenses, and high server loads. If errors or malfunctions do occur, you’ll see so at once. You can also choose to be alerted by email, push notification, or SMS. With PRTG, downtime is a thing of the past.
The PRTG Hospital IT Monitoring Tool at a glance
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
Why PRTG is perfect for hospitals
Easy to use
PRTG is easy to configure, personalize, and use. In fact, our tool is optimized for usability! But don’t take it from us. Numerous independent tests confirm the user-friendliness of PRTG.
Easy-to-read dashboards and detailed statistics
PRTG dashboards display all the relevant information regarding a hospital IT infrastructure. A quick glance is all it takes to see if everything is OK or if action is needed. Long-term statistics provide data from previous years, including the availability rates of servers and the amount of available bandwidth. This data helps you plan and make a case for upgrades to the IT infrastructure or medical equipment.
Not your average IT
PRTG does much more than simply monitor the IT environments of hospitals. It also comes with special sensors that monitor imaging equipment such as MRI scanners, ultrasound devices, and endoscopes. What’s more, its native DICOM and HL7 sensors monitor patient systems such as HISs, RISs, and LIMSs.
PRTG simplifies your day
Our monitoring software works for you and promptly notifies you of potential issues.
It frees you to concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for your servers and entire network. Enjoy a quick overview of your whole infrastructure via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves worry
Customizing PRTG is a breeze. Getting started or switching from another network monitoring tool is easy thanks to the PRTG auto-discovery and pre-configured device templates.
Sensors for IT monitoring in hospitals
- DICOM Bandwidth Sensor: This sensor measures the amount of bandwidth required for a C-STORE request to a DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications) enabled device. It sends one or more DICOM images and files from a folder on a local hard drive (or via direct upload) and checks whether the DICOM device can process the C-STORE request. Among other things, this sensor can be used to test your picture archiving and communication system (PACS).
- HL7 Sensor: This sensor checks the availability of HL7 (Health Level 7) interfaces. It sends an HL7 message to the target device and makes sure it receives a valid response.
- Soffico Orchestra Channel Health Sensor: The Soffico Orchestra Sensor monitors the status and total number of failed or successful channel requests.
See the PRTG Manual to discover more sensors for your IT environment.
Case Study: Jena University Hospital
Jena University Hospital is more than 200 years old and the only university hospital in the German state of Thuringia. It is also the largest employer in the region, with 6,000 healthcare, research, and academic employees.
Every year, the hospital treats more than 300,000 patients in its 26 clinics and polyclinics. It also accommodates 2,400 medical and dental students, as well as researchers from all over the world who work in its 25 institutes.
“Our goal was to create a continuous end-to-end monitoring system that provides us with a comprehensive overview.”
Karsten Wölffer, IT employee at Jena University Hospital
Discover this case study and more by clicking on the links below:
Trusted by 300,000 users
and recognized by industry analysts as a leader
Over 95% of our customers recommend PRTG
Paessler AG worldwide trialled PRTG in over 600 IT departments.
The aim was to tune the network monitoring software closer to the needs of the administrators.
The result of the survey: over 95% of the participants would recommend PRTG - or already had.
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 184.108.40.2062 (November 24th, 2020)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications