Increased network stability
with PRTG jFlow monitoring
- Identify overload times and potential bottlenecks
- PRTG ensures bandwidth is used efficiently
- Sort and analyze your network traffic by address or application
Sort and analyze traffic with
Companies require increasingly larger bandwidths and sophisticated capacity management to optimize the performance of their networks and business processes, to avoid overloads, and to save money by detecting and fixing of bandwidth consumers. The Flow technology for Juniper devices (jFlow) is best suited for this, but requires professional monitoring in order to collect and analyze corresponding traffic data.
With PRTG jFlow monitoring, overload times and potential bottlenecks can be identified, and based on that data you can adjust your IT infrastructure as well as the available bandwidth.
During Bandwidth monitoring via the jFlow protocol the router or switch collects data packets, groups them to flows and this information about the flows is sent to PRTG via UDP. In PRTG you can filter those data automatically by traffic type (e.g. mail, web, FTP) and immediately see which applications and devices use your bandwidth within your network. You can also turn on sampling if your router supports it. Then only every n-th data packet is sent to PRTG which minimizes your CPU and bandwidth usage.
The visual presentation of PRTG in top lists provides additional optimal analysis conditions: you immediately get informed by sudden increases of the bandwidth usage of a certain network address or application. With jFlow and PRTG you get the most of your network and protection against failures.
With PRTG, everyone can work with peace of mind.
The jFlow monitoring tool PRTG collects the following info
- Bandwidth consumption for individual/all connections
- Network activities and causes of traffic
- An overview according to protocol and service type, such as WWW, FTP, or mail
- Device error messages (switch, router, firewall)
This is what monitoring looks like in PRTG
This is how jFlow monitoring with PRTG works
JFlow is a data flow sampling technology optimized for Juniper devices for the monitoring of computer networks. It is mostly identical with Cisco NetFlow. Bandwidth usage data is collected in the router, firewall or switch in the form of flows and is sent to the Flow Collector PRTG via UDP. With PRTG you sort the flow automatically by traffic type (mail, FTP, or WWW) and use it for statistical processing and visualization. With PRTG you detect the originators of the data traffic within your network sorted by sender/target IP, sender/target port, IP protocol, and service type.
Flow technology is characterized by minimal bandwidth usage as well as a high degree of detail, and is especially suitable for high traffic networks.
6 advantages of jFlow monitoring with PRTG
PRTG warns against network failures and protocol errors
Promptly fix errors and prevent network crashes
A decision-making tool for traffic reduction, bandwidth usage, and the scaling of capacities
Business processes and applications benefit from optimized bandwidth usage
Traffic visuals display correlations
Identify suspicious traffic and malware
PRTG simplifies your day
Our monitoring software works for you and promptly notifies you of potential issues.
It frees you to concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for your servers and entire network. Enjoy a quick overview of your whole infrastructure via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves worry
Customizing PRTG is a breeze. Getting started or switching from another network monitoring tool is easy thanks to the PRTG auto-discovery and pre-configured device templates.
“The greatest advantage of PRTG? You get to rest easy.“
Steffen Ille, Bauhaus-University of Weimar, Germany.
Your jflow monitoring at a glance
– even on the go
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
Award winning solution
We work hard on making our software as powerful and easy-to-use
as possible for our customers each and every day.
Of course it makes us proud when we get awards for that.
PAESSLER AG –
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 22.214.171.1241 (April 11th, 2018)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more...|
Supported Vendors & Applications