Monitor your clients' transactions with the PRTG HTTP/S transaction monitoring tool
- Detect suspicious activities and behavior of online services users
- Monitor availability, content, performance, and security of HTTP/S transactions
- Easily set up & display your HTTP/S transaction monitoring
PRTG HTTP/S transaction monitoring tool
- What tasks can you solve using HTTP/S transaction monitoring?
- Ensure system performance with transaction monitoring
- Use a professional PRTG transaction monitoring tool
- Secure HTTP/S transaction monitoring
- Display data in a way that suits you
- What data should you monitor?
- Enjoy all PRTG transaction monitoring tool features
- FAQ about HTTP/S transaction monitoring
What tasks can you solve using HTTP/S transaction monitoring?
HTTP/S transaction monitoring is the process of monitoring customer transactions such as transfers, deposits, and withdrawals.
Use HTTP/S transaction monitoring to achieve different results.
- Find out if a resource was accessed in a given time range or not
- Check if the correct payload size was returned
- Check if the payload matches the predefined format
- Check if the payload contains all required elements
- Find out if a particular content element’s payload has changed or not by accessing the resource repeatedly
- Easily check applications for content integrity
- Test the application's user flows by simulating a user going through the process.
- Use this method when dealing with applications with long and complex user processes such as registration, authentication, order placement, verification, etc.
- Track various aspects of your web application's security implementation
- Monitor the validity of your web application's SSL certificate and the SSL connection to your application's port with HTTP monitoring.
PRTG is compatible with all major vendors & manufacturers
Ensure system performance with transaction monitoring
Easily mimic the actions of the end user
With HTTP monitoring, you can mimic the actions of a real user. This allows you to create an efficient mechanism for testing complex workflows in your application. Regularly check if your users can access basic services such as registration, login, etc.
Be aware of bugs in your system
You can monitor the availability of your application around the clock from all possible locations. This allows you to catch bugs before your users encounter them. For best results, set custom threshold alerts to suit your application.
Anticipate problems before they happen
Predict major issues before they affect your system with HTTP monitoring. Deviations from some metrics from normal may indicate potential problems. Regular monitoring and analysis of these indicators make it easy to predict and prevent the occurrence of serious problems.
Track the availability of your SSL certificate
Set up HTTP/S monitoring to regularly check the validity of your SSL certificates. If they expire, your monitoring will be able to pick up a new certificate before the user does and give you enough time to renew it. This will allow you to retain customers.
Use a professional PRTG transaction monitoring tool
How PRTG defines sensors
In PRTG, “sensors” are the basic monitoring elements. One sensor usually monitors one measured value in your network, e.g. the traffic of a switch port, the CPU load of a server, the free space of a disk drive. On average you need about 5-10 sensors per device or one sensor per switch port.
When choosing a monitoring tool that is right for you, it is important to consider a number of factors. Paessler PRTG offers the perfect solution, which is simple and straightforward to use.
PRTG provides a tool for monitoring HTTP/S transactions. It is easy to install and set up. Create different sensors to monitor different aspects of transactions. For example, use the HTTP Transaction sensor to monitor an interactive website such as an online shop. PRTG allows you to set up advanced monitoring with multiple URLs, using up to 10 different transaction URLs that are called in succession.
With smart URL replacement, you can only enter the protocol name in the URL field of the HTTP sensor instead of the full address and get the parent device's automatically generated IP address/DNS name.
Define additional schedules, dependencies, and object maintenance periods that will be active at the same time as parent object settings.
Use the free 30-day trial version of PRTG to test it on your projects. The trial supports an unlimited number of sensors!
Secure HTTP/S transaction monitoring
Be confident in the security of your network when working with the PRTG HTTP/S transaction monitoring tool. It uses many different security features to protect against potential attacks.
- Support for SSL encryption
- Secure communications between probes, servers, and clients with SSL encryption
- Using an RSA certificate
- Ability to filter connections to the main server
- Ability to grant individual access rights for each user account and for each user group
- Protection against directory traversal attacks and SQL injection attacks
- Secure storage of passwords in encrypted form
- Automatic disconnection of inactive users
- Logout and reauthentication mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access to PRTG and protect its web interface from potential phishing attacks
Easily set up a transaction monitoring tool
Use advanced options to configure sensors that suit your system. The PRTG HTTP/S transaction monitoring software provides many options for this.
- Select a sensor priority, which determines its position in lists. The highest priority is at the top of a list
- Set the maximum timeout for all HTTP requests
- Choose the maximum timeout for one HTTP request
- Select the monitoring mechanism that the sensor uses
- Enter a number that specifies the maximum amount of data (in kilobytes) that the sensor can send per request.
- Choose whether you want to allow cookies for the transaction
- Select which user agent string the sensor sends when it connects to the target URL
- Determine whether or not to keep the last result of the web page loaded by the URL
Display data in a way that suits you
Select one of the possible ways to display channels for the sensor.
Show channels independently. In this case, the graph is displayed separately for each channel.
Overlay channels on top of each other. This method allows you to create a multi-channel graph that visualizes the various components of your total traffic.
What data should you monitor?
To effectively monitor transactions, it is important to track not only current customer information but also historical information. This allows you to analyze the full picture of customer activity.
Keep track of transfers, deposits, withdrawals, user registrations and logins, and other critical activities on your system at all times.
Our PRTG transaction monitoring solution allows you to easily and conveniently perform all these actions, as well as configure notifications in case of failures. It is a great monitoring tool that is suitable for various systems.
You can test it with a free 30-day trial. The trial version has an unlimited number of sensors.
PRTG: The multi-tool for sysadminsAdapt PRTG individually and dynamically to your needs and rely on a strong API:
- HTTP API: Access monitoring data and manipulate monitoring objects via HTTP requests
- Custom sensors: Create your own PRTG sensors for customized monitoring
- Custom notifications: Create your own notifications and send action triggers to external systems
- REST Custom sensor: Monitor almost everything that provides data in XML or JSON format
Enjoy all PRTG transaction monitoring tool features
- High performance. The system allows you to distribute high loads between several probes and quickly processes complex requests
- High-security standards. Connections and web servers are protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS), secure ciphers, personalized user rights management, and more
- Different channels for receiving notifications: email, push notifications, SMS text messages, Syslog messages and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps, HTTP requests, event logs, Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), and script execution
- Customizable alerts for specific needs: status alerts, limit alerts, threshold alerts, multi-state alerts, escalation alerts
- Advanced report generator. Ability to create scheduled or on-demand reports in different formats: HTML, PDF, CSV or XML
- Convenient graphics engine. You can view real-time graphs and historical data graphs.
- Multiple supported languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese
FAQ about HTTP/S transaction monitoring
Transaction monitoring is an important process of monitoring customer transactions such as trades, transfers, deposits, payments, and other activities. It allows you to identify suspicious behavior that may indicate money laundering or other financial crimes. Suspicious transactions need to be investigated to determine if the alert is a true hit or a false positive.
Monitoring tools not only allow you to view current transactions but also to analyze historical information about the client. This will provide an analysis of the client, which may include levels of risk and predicted future activity.
- Transaction monitoring allows you to detect a suspicious transaction and can prevent money laundering attempts by criminals.
- The presence of transaction monitoring gives evidence that the financial company is doing everything possible to prevent criminal activity, which creates trust between partners and regulators.
- Transaction monitoring allows financial institutions to identify and manage potential customer risks. Depending on the client's risk level, the company can adjust its monitoring. For example, a high-risk client needs more careful monitoring of transactions than a low-risk client
Manual transaction monitoring is very time consuming and costly. In addition, people make many more mistakes than specialized software. Therefore, automatic transaction monitoring is far superior to manual transaction monitoring.
However, there is still the manual aspect of automated transaction monitoring. Once the monitoring software flags a suspicious transaction, an employee can view it and determine if it is indeed suspicious.
“Easy to implement and configure with good technical support.”
R. v. S., ICT Manager at Heinen & Hopman Eng BV
Create innovative solutions with Paessler’s partners
Partnering with innovative vendors, Paessler unleashes synergies to create
new and additional benefits for joined customers.
We asked: would you recommend PRTG?
Over 95% of our customers say yes!
Paessler AG conducted trials in over 600 IT departments worldwide to tune its network monitoring software closer to the needs of sysadmins.
The result of the survey: over 95% of the participants would recommend PRTG – or already have.
Still not convinced?
More than 500,000 sysadmins love PRTG
Paessler PRTG is used by companies of all sizes. Sysadmins love PRTG because it makes their job a whole lot easier.
Monitor your entire IT infrastructure
Bandwidth, servers, virtual environments, websites, VoIP services – PRTG keeps an eye on your entire network.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 22.214.171.1244 (February 14th, 2024)
|Download for Windows and cloud-based version PRTG Hosted Monitor available
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more
Supported Vendors & Applications