PRTG Manual: Manage a PRTG Hosted Monitor Subscription
PRTG Hosted Monitor offers subscription plans that you can tailor to your needs and that you can manage via the PRTG Hosted Monitor web portal. To manage your subscription, open a web browser, go to the PRTG Hosted Monitor web portal, and log in.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome 72.
Provide the credentials that you entered when you signed up and click Log In, or use single sign-on (SSO) and continue with your Google, Amazon, or Windows account via the respective button.
In this section:
Here you see an overview of your PRTG Hosted Monitor subscription. Click Add New Subscription to upgrade to a commercial subscription, for example. Click Open PRTG to open your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance in the PRTG web interface. Or click Manage to manage your subscription.
Here you can change your subdomain. The domain name can be anywhere from 4 to 60 characters long.
- Enter a new domain name such as myfirstdomain. If you enter myfirstdomain as the domain name, for example, your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance is reachable under myfirstdomain.my-prtg.com.
If you have remote probes, you must manually change the domain name for the PRTG core server. This corresponds to the Server (IPv4 Address or DNS Name) setting in the PRTG Administration Tool.
- Click Got It to continue. You can see the progress in the status bar.
This can take a few minutes.
When the change is complete, the PRTG Hosted Monitor instance is ready.
Here you can change the time zone.
Select a time zone from the dropdown list. You see the following message.
To enable multi-factor authentication for all users of your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance, click .
After you enable this option, multi-factor authentication is activated for all users of your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance and they are asked to scan a QR code with a Time-based One-time Password algorithm (TOTP) application and to enter the current one-time password (OTP) to finish the setup. For more information, see the Knowledge Base: Can I enable multi-factor authentication for my PRTG Hosted Monitor instance?
- Click Cancel Subscription to cancel your PRTG Hosted Monitor subscription.
- Click Got It to finalize the cancellation. You see the following message.
- Click Change Subscription to select a new PRTG Hosted Monitor subscription and to open the payment checkout dialog. You see an overview of your order.
- Click Proceed To Checkout and follow the steps to enter your name, billing address, and credit card information if you did not do so during the creation of your PRTG Hosted Monitor instance.
Click your account in the upper-right corner of the PRTG Hosted Monitor web portal to open your account settings. Here you can view your profile, change your password, or enable or disable multi-factor authentication.
For more information, see section Use Multi-Factor Authentication with PRTG Hosted Monitor.
- Click Reset Password to change the password for your PRTG Hosted Monitor account. PRTG then notifies you that an email has been sent to your inbox.
- Go to your inbox and open the email. Click Change Password to go to the change password screen.
- Enter your new password, then enter it again to confirm it.
- Click Edit Billing Details to change your billing address.
- Select the billing address that you want to change.
- Enter the new information and select Update to change it.
When you purchase a PRTG Hosted Monitor subscription, you need your payment information.
- Enter your payment details and billing details here to save them for later use or edit details you already entered.
- Click Add to add the new payment details.
Here you can view and download all of your invoices.
- Click Select your PRTG subscription to select the subscription for which you want to upload files.
- Click Select the device templates that you want to upload to select one or more device templates.
- Enable the check box next to one or more device template names to select them.
You can also click Readme to open the README.md file of the device template in GitLab.
- Click outside of the dropdown list to continue.
- Click Upload to upload the device templates.
- Click next to the type of file that you want to upload and browse for the path to the file in the File Explorer.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Upload to upload the custom device template files.
Click Logout in the upper-right corner to log out of your PRTG Hosted Monitor account.
Can I enable multi-factor authentication for my PRTG Hosted Monitor instance?