Does remote work have you worried about
the stability of your network?
Stay in the know with PRTG!
PRTG helps keep your business running smoothly while employees work from home
Enjoy full access to PRTG from any remote location
PRTG monitors servers, networks, and cloud services
Remote work monitoring
The challenge: Employees working from home
and distributed networks
Due to the current health crisis, the employees of many companies are working from home and accessing the company’s network from several different locations. As a result, VPN connections and cloud services such as Office 365, SharePoint, and Zoom can quickly become strained.
In order for business at your company to go on more or less as usual, your IT environment and all your services must continue to be available and run as effectively as possible.
Many sysadmins are also now working from home and must therefore monitor the availability and performance of their networks remotely.
PRTG monitors your entire IT environment – locally and remotely
PRTG Network Monitor ensures your business processes run smoothly, regardless of the length of time your coworkers will be working from home. With PRTG, you set your own threshold values, and are immediately notified in the event of malfunctions, overloads, and disruptions. PRTG keeps downtime to a minimum – and the costs that come with it. Advantages of PRTG:
- All-in-one monitoring – one tool for monitoring all your local and distributed networks
- Monitor the performance and availability of your systems and services in real time
- Easy-to-read dashboards and detailed long-term statistics
- Eliminate bottlenecks – before they cause problems
PRTG is easy to access from home or any remote location. In fact, all you need is an Internet connection to keep an eye on your network. And thanks to native apps for iOS and Android, you can even monitor by way of your mobile devices.
Trusted by 300,000 users
and recognized by industry analysts as a leader
and recognized by industry analysts as a leader
PRTG keeps you up-to-date on your IP range
PRTG Network Monitor comes with 250+ preconfigured sensors for a variety of manufacturers, services, and devices. Among other things, PRTG keeps an eye on the following elements in your network.
iWhat is a sensor?
In PRTG, “Sensors” are the basic monitoring elements. One sensor usually monitors one measured value in your network, e.g. the traffic of a switch port, the CPU load of a server, the free space of a disk drive. On average you need about 5-10 sensors per device or one sensor per switch port.
Among other things, PRTG keeps an eye on the following elements in your network:
If you send sensitive company data, a secure a VPN connection is a must. PRTG monitors the availability and capacity of your VPN connections. What’s more, its VPN sensors display various parameters such as connected user accounts, data packets, and the amount of data that has been sent.
Websites and servers
Are your servers, websites, and applications available? PRTG keeps you in the know and helps you prevent costly downtime. With PRTG, you can often eliminate errors before they even arise. Your coworkers will thank you for it!
If too many users access your network at the same time, your bandwidth is bound to take a hit. PRTG keeps a constant eye on your bandwidth so you can take necessary measures such as switching to automated processes or expanding your resources.
With so many employees working from home, it’s only natural for the strain upon cloud services to increase. PRTG provides you with a concise overview of all the cloud services that are currently in use.
It also comes with sensors for the following services (among others):
Webinar: Monitoring your remote work environment with PRTG
Register for our on-demand webinar. In this session Heather and David, our Technical and Sales Regional Managers for the Americas, share with you a timely overview of the monitoring capabilities of PRTG.
You need more? Here is an overview of our upcoming webinars.
Blog posts about this topic
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 18.104.22.1682 (October 20th, 2020)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications