SQL Server Monitoring
Monitor Your SQL Servers With PRTG Network Monitor
SQL Server Availability
Electronic businesses rely on information stored in databases. It is vital for companies to be able to constantly access and monitor database performance information. This makes it important for system administrators to know the status of their databases.
PRTG Network Monitor allows SQL (Structured Query Language) server monitoring and automated alerts for the most common types of SQL servers.
A good SQL Server monitoring solution offers the following benefits:
- Increased profits: no losses caused by undetected database failures.
- Improved customer satisfaction by providing reliable access to databases.
This SQL Server monitorig solution installs easily and its usage is intuitive. Additional features like remote management (via web browser, PocketPC, or Windows client) and notifications about SQL Server errors by email, ICQ, pager/SMS make the monitoring of SQL Servers easier.
SQL Server Performance Monitoring Made Easy
PRTG Network Monitor ensures availability of network components and databases while also measuring traffic and usage. It saves costs and time by avoiding outages, ensuring database performance, optimizing connections, and controlling service level agreements (SLAs).
With PRTG Network Monitor you can quickly and easily set up SQL Server monitoring.
PRTG Network Monitor offers individual sensors that allow you to connect and monitor MySQL, Microsoft SQL and Oracle SQL servers. These SQL Server sensors can monitor when the database accepts and processes requests. It is also possible to use custom query code to check database return values.
Slow performance and outages can impact the bottom line of your business. Continuous server monitoring enables you to find problems and resolve them before they escalate. PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful monitoring solution for monitoring availability, bandwidth, and server performance. The server monitoring tools calculate bandwidth consumption via SNMP, packet sniffing and NetFlow, track the availability of network servers and check parameters such as CPU load, memory load, free disk space, etc.
This way, they help you to:
- Avoid performance bottlenecks and data loss
- Offer better quality of service
- Lower costs by buying hardware and bandwidth according to actual need
- Raise profits by minimizing downtime
Setting up SQL Server Monitoring
As a SQL server monitor PRTG comes with special sensors which monitor when the database server process accepts and processes requests. You can also additionally run a custom SQL command and check the return values. PRTG Network Monitor supports the following SQL Server versions:
- Microsoft SQL
- ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) SQL
You can find more information on how to setup database monitoring using the SQL Server sensors in the online manual.
Improve and Monitor the Performance of Your Network and Servers
- Advanced PING sensors make PRTG an excellent uptime monitor
- Standard mail sensors check the availability of your email services
- Email round trip sensors ensure the end-to-end delivery of emails and make it possible to monitor availability and performance of a complete email delivery process
- MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle SQL sensors. These sensors check whether your SQL server accepts connections, processes requests, and returns an expected result when executing a custom SQL command
- File server sensors check free disk space, existence of files, changes to a file, etc.
- Virtual server sensors make performance monitoring of your virtual machines easier
Free SQL Server Monitoring
You can test SQL Server monitoring with the 30-Day-Trial-Edition of PRTG Network Monitor. The Freeware Edition is completely free for personal and commercial use and may be downloaded for free. The Commercial Editions are required if you want to monitor more than 100 sensors.
|Download||Network Monitoring Software for Windows - Version 220.127.116.111 (March 28th, 2017)|
|Languages||English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Pricing||Free for up to 100 sensors (Price List)|
|Unified Monitoring||Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more...|