Microsoft Network Monitoring
Keep an eye on all
Monitor every single
Act before an impending
failure with PRTG
Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days. After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version.
Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime.
The availability of all Windows servers
and their services is essential
An application only functions properly if all underlying servers are running error-free. For applications based on a database (e. g. Microsoft SharePoint), full availability of all components must be guaranteed.
One single service failing to start may be responsible for the complete failure of an application on a client. With PRTG, you have an immediate overview of all Windows servers in your network and can react fast in case of an emergency.
Monitoring an SQL service
Monitoring of user connections of a database
Monitoring availability, keeping an eye on
services and defining dependencies
With PRTG, you not only have an overview of the general availability of your Microsoft servers but you can also monitor each individual service. A service is not running? With the PRTG WMI Service sensor they can even be started automatically!
Dependencies on servers, applications or services can also be configured individually. Application servers that are based on database servers often react sensitively if the database or even the entire server are no longer accessible.
Why a Microsoft network should be monitored
More than ever it is important for companies to operate a functioning IT infrastructure. Even short system failures can result in high financial costs.
Especially in homogeneous networks such as Microsoft networks, it is important to guarantee the communication of hardware, applications, and services, and to ensure the availability of those three components. With PRTG, IT administrators can be certain that they have a complete overview of all systems. Therefore, admins can act before an imminent failure instead of reacting afterwards.
The following illustration shows a possible dependency between Skype, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Active Directory:
PRTG at a glance
PRTG monitors your entire IT infrastructure
Traffic, packets, applications, bandwidth, cloud services, databases, virtual environments, uptime, ports, IPs, hardware, security, web services, disk usage, physical environments, IoT devices and almost everything you can imagine.
PRTG supports most technologies
SNMP (all versions), Flow technologies (i.e. NetFlow, jFlow, sFlow), SSH, WMI, Ping, and SQL. Powerful API (Python, EXE, DLL, PowerShell, VB, Batch Scripting, REST) to integrate everything else. See all PRTG features
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Administrators must compare monitoring tools or search for a free one. There are several suppliers on the market.
PRTG comes with a full range of advantages:
1. Free trial version: PRTG is available in a free trial version. Use this version to get a feel for our network monitoring tool with no risk whatsoever.
2. Over 200,000 administrators: whether in large or small businesses, authorities, colleges or administrations - all around the world, more than 200,000 administrators put their trust in our network monitoring tool, and can therefore also monitor their bandwidth. Read our case studies here.
3. Support: do you have a question? We respond in a jiffy! You can already access a great deal of information online by consulting our FAQs, manuals, videos, webcasts, or knowledge base. You can of course also send us a message. We'll do our best to get back to you within 24 hours on business days.
PRTG – your network monitoring tool
PRTG is the Paessler AG all-in-one network monitoring tool. Our software is used by more than 200,000 administrators worldwide, whether it be to monitor their hardware- and server performance , their virtual environments, or the accessibility of their websites. Use PRTG for database monitoring or sql monitoring. PRTG is a one fits all network analyzer tool.
Save time, worry, and money. PRTG is configured in a matter of minutes. The trial version is offered free of charge. And you can upgrade whenever you like.