PRTG is not just
an alternative to Ethereal,
but an upgrade!
Much less efforts for
to set up Ethereal
PRTG isn't open source
like Ethereal, but much
more flexible and all-in.
Looking for Ethereal? Try PRTG.
PRTG offers you all the functionalities like you know
and expect from Ethereal –and much more.
This is what Ethereal primarily does for you:
- Packet Sniffing
More than Ethereal – this is what PRTG offers in addition:
- SNMP: ready to use and custom options
- WMI and Windows Performance Counters
- SSH: for Linux/Unix and macOS systems
- Flows and all-in-one packet sniffing
- REST APIs returning XML or JSON
- HTTP requests, Ping, SQL and so much more...
Comparison: PRTG vs. Ethereal
- Open Source, but high efforts for implementation and maintenance
- Requires high skills in programming/scripting, usability not directly understandable without help
- Primarily just a sniffing tool
- Individually extendable
- Auto-Discovery of your entire networks and more than 250 pre-defined sensors – start right away
- Many different and clear dashboards, completely individual maps, auto-discovery to start monitoring right away
- Sniffing & Monitoring of applications, networks, traffic hardware, bandwidth, IoT and many more
- Flexible extendable by using the REST API, scripting and custom sensors
No license costs for Ethereal?
Ethereal is open source and free - but does it fit your needs right from the start?
You surely need much more advice and consulting than using PRTG. Especially in the long run, PRTG is much cheaper.
Looking for a flexible Open Source Network Software like Ethereal?
PRTG is not Open Source, but one of the most flexible tools in the market.
Keep a constant eye on your network – even while on the go
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
PRTG simplifies your day
Our monitoring software works for you and promptly notifies you of potential issues.
It frees you to concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for your servers and entire network. Enjoy a quick overview of your whole infrastructure via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves worry
Customizing PRTG is a breeze. Getting started or switching from another network monitoring tool is easy thanks to the auto-discovery and pre-configured device templates.
Trusted by 500,000 users and recognized
by industry analysts as a leader
Over 95% of our customers recommend PRTG
Paessler AG worldwide trialled PRTG in over 600 IT departments.
The aim was to tune the network monitoring software closer to the needs of the administrators.
The result of the survey: over 95% of the participants would recommend PRTG - or already had.
Still not convinced?
More than 500,000 sysadmins love PRTG
PRTG is used by companies of all sizes. Sysadmins love PRTG because it makes their job a whole lot easier.
Still not convinced?
Monitor your entire IT infrastructure
Bandwidth, servers, virtual environments, websites, VoIP services – PRTG keeps an eye on your entire network.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 188.8.131.524 (June 22nd, 2022)|
|Download for Windows and cloud-based version PRTG Hosted Monitor available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications