PRTG Manual: Application Programming Interface (API) Definition
The PRTG Application Programming Interface (API) enables you to access monitoring data and manipulate objects using HTTP requests, run your own written sensors and notifications, and implement Mini Probes.
An interactive documentation of the API is also integrated into your PRTG installation: Log in to the web interface and select Setup | PRTG API from the main menu.
The following sections introduce the available options within the PRTG API:
- HTTP API
- Live Data
- Live Graphs
- Historic Data
- Object Manipulation
- Custom Sensors
- Custom Notifications
- Mini Probe API
The documentation that comes with your PRTG installation fits exactly the PRTG version you are using.
Knowledge Base: How can I share my self-written PRTG script/program with other PRTG users?
Knowledge Base: Where can I find PRTG Mini Probes which are ready to use?
- Active Directory Integration
- Application Programming Interface (API) Definition
- Filter Rules for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Channel Definitions for xFlow, IPFIX, and Packet Sniffer Sensors
- Define IP Ranges
- Define Lookups
- Regular Expressions
- Add Remote Probe
- Failover Cluster Configuration
- Data Storage
- Using Your Own SSL Certificate
- Calculating Percentiles