Simple debugging tool for monitoring
configurations that use SNMP
With SNMP Tester, you can run simple SNMP requests against a device in your network.
This test program is based on the SNMP technologies built into PRTG Network Monitor.
The idea of this program is to have a tool that enables you to debug SNMP activities
to find communication and/or data issues in SNMP monitoring configurations.
If the SNMP connection works with this test program, it also works with PRTG.
- Click the Free Download button above to download the setup file for the current version of SNMP Tester.
- Execute the file Paessler SNMP Tester Setup.exe.
- Follow the steps in the Paessler SNMP Tester Setup Wizard.
For more information on how to use SNMP Tester, see the SNMP Tester Manual.
Expand your know-how: our SNMP email course
You're interested in learning more about SNMP – but little by little instead of having to digest an entire white paper at once? Then sign up here for our free, four-part email course. This course is a great way to develop your expertise on network monitoring via SNMP.
iSNMP Tester is a diagnostic tool that is provided as freeware to users of PRTG Network Monitor. Please understand that we cannot provide extended support for this tool.
- V20.2.4 (June 4, 2020): We added the option Use GetNext to the advanced settings. With this option, you can perform SNMP GETNEXT requests on a target device to test and debug your SNMP activities.
- V20.1.58 (March 18, 2020): Maintenance release
- New versioning system that follows the PRTG versioning (year.quarter.build)
- Installer and executable are now signed to confirm their integrity.
- Several minor fixes and improvements
- V5.2.3 (April 18, 2016): Maintenance release
- V5.2.2 (March 9, 2016): Maintenance release
- V5.2.1 (October 19, 2015): Support for hex bytes as return value type (for example, for MAC addresses)
- V5.2 (August 13, 2015): SNMP Tester can now show the data type of an SNMP value
- V5.1.3 (July 1, 2014): Fixed an error caused by very long OIDs
- V5.1.2 (January 17, 2014): When checking "Uptime", the tester now uses two different OIDs
- V5.1 (August 5, 2013): New stable version
- V5.0.11 Beta (April 30, 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0.10 Beta (March 20, 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0.9 Beta (March 11, 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0 Beta (February 5, 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V3.2 (December 2009): Added option to run scan every x seconds
- V3.1f (August 2009): Maintenance release
- V3.1b (May 2009): Maintenance release
- V3.1 (Apr 2009): Added option to enable Single Get, added more debug output when scanning interfaces
- V3.0 (Nov 2008): Updated for compatibility with PRTG 7, added OIDLIB support
- V2.2 (April 2006): Improved error handling, minor bugfixes
- V2.1 (April 2006): Enhanced SNMP management
- V2.0 (March 2006): Added support for SNMP Version 2c and 3
- V1.2 (November 2005): Added "Scan Interfaces" option
- V1.1 (October 2005): Initial release