Paessler Achieves Customer, Channel and Product Milestones in 2017
Paessler’s 20th year was marked by significant expansion in the channel, product innovations, and accolades from the more than 200,000 system administrators who rely on PRTG Network Monitor
WAKEFIELD, Mass. and NUREMBERG, Germany, February 28, 2018 – Paessler AG, the innovative network monitoring specialist, today reflected on the company’s growth in 2017 and demand for PRTG Network Monitor, the company’s all-in-one network monitoring solution. With PRTG, system administrators are the first to know when a problem arises anywhere across their IT infrastructure, including the networks, systems, hardware, applications and devices that tie into it.
Notably, Twardawa, Paessler’s chief operating officer for many years and one of the company’s first employees, was named CEO in January of 2018. Dirk Paessler, former CEO and founder of the company, formally stepped down from the executive board and management to pursue new adventures.
Some of the many milestones achieved by Paessler in 2017 include:
- There are now more than 200,000 deployments of PRTG: Demand for PRTG increased in 2017 and today, more than 200,000 system administrators rely on it. Notably, many new customers pointed to increasing security concerns, the Internet of Things and the growing complexity of networks as key developments that prompted them to monitor their IT infrastructure and select PRTG.
- Record-breaking growth in the channel: Paessler had significant channel growth in 2017, including a 47% increase among active resellers. The company also entered into channel agreements with several new U.S. partners and with some of the most prominent companies serving IT professionals, including Cisco, MachineShop, NetApp and VMware. Andrew Cutting, director of channel sales, North America at Paessler, was also named a channel chief by CRN.
- Significant product innovations: Paessler unveiled a number of enhancements, including the general availability of PRTG in the Cloud, which includes all of the attributes of PRTG on premises that customers love in a true network monitoring-as-a-service solution. Numerous purpose-built network monitoring sensors were also introduced in 2017, including ones for Amazon Web Services, NetApp and VMware - making it easier than ever for customers and partners to ensure the uptime of their critical systems.
- Increased use of PRTG with the Internet of Things: 2017 also marked the most extensive use of PRTG in conjunction with the Internet of Things to date. Customers can easily create custom sensors for PRTG, making it possible to monitor virtually anything that involves a connected device, from municipalities’ smart street lamps to cameras. Paessler also saw greatly increased participation in PRTG Script World, a collection of free useful scripts, plugins and add-ons created by Paessler’s employees and customers.
- Accolades from customers in the field: Most importantly, PRTG gained accolades from the system administrators who use it every day. PRTG was named a “Fave Rave” by Network World and received many positive reviews on Spiceworks.
“In 2018, we plan to build upon our momentum by providing even more useful tools and features that will benefit our customers and partners,” added Twardawa. “The coming year is going to be very busy for system administrators. We’re committed to ensuring that they have the network monitoring capabilities that allow them to be as effective as possible.”
“For all of us at Paessler, 2017 was a special year marked by important milestones. We celebrated the 20th anniversary since our founding, saw the greatest channel growth in the company’s history, exceeded more than 200,000 deployments of PRTG for the first time and most importantly witnessed even greater enthusiasm from those who rely on PRTG to ensure that their critical systems always work as they should,” said Christian Twardawa, CEO of Paessler. “Our team should take great pride in the growth we achieved this past year and the gains we made in our steadfast efforts to help system administrators work smarter, faster and better.”
Christian Twardawa, CEO of Paessler AG
Paessler is working together with several PR agencies around the world. Please send your press inquiries to:
T: +49 911 93775-0
US: Hughes Agency
T: + 1 864 271 0718
AU/NZ: Sphere PR
T: +61 2 8065 0304/
+61 405 579633
SEA: LivingWord Communications
T: +65 9431 6141
T: +44 20 3697 4200
DE/AT/CH: Sprengel & Partner
T: +49 2661 91260-0
NL: MZ Communicatie: Marlies Zegelaar
T: +31 6 26736712