Free network monitoring software
Paessler offers a free version of PRTG Network Monitor for personal and commercial use.
Optimize Your Network and Avoid System Downtimes with Paessler’s Free Network Monitoring Software.
Continuous network and server monitoring enables you to find problems and resolve them before they become a serious threat to your business. Our software helps your business to perform better:
- Avoid bandwidth and server performance bottlenecks
- Deliver better quality of service to your users by being proactive
- Reduce costs by buying bandwidth and hardware based on actual load
- Increase profits by avoiding losses caused by undetected system failures
- Find peace of mind: As long as you do not hear from PRTG via email, SMS, pager, etc. you know everything is running fine and you have more time to take care of other important business
The free version of PRTG includes 10 sensors. You will need one sensor for each individual monitoring entity. One sensor monitors for example one network service, one URL, one network connection, one port of a switch, one NetFlow export stream, one CPU load or one disk drive.
So if you are looking for a free bandwidth controller, port sniffer or a tool for windows server monitoring or web site monitoring, PRTG Network Monitor is the perfect free network monitoring software for you. PRTG is easy to set up, configure and use – just download the installer, use the install wizard and set up your sensors with auto-discovery, and after a few minutes and just a few clicks, you are ready to monitor network usage, downtime of network devices or services, CPU load and much more.
When your monitoring needs grow, you can always switch to one of our commercial licenses. The number of sensors ranges from 100 to unlimited, prices start at $440 / €330. If you want to monitor NetFlow Traffic, you will also need one of our commercial licenses.
You can download a 30-day-trial version of our commercial licenses for free. The trial version comes with unlimited sensors.