Paessler Site Inspector (Not Supported Any More)
The "Cross-Browser" Browser (Freeware)
Site Inspector is a Web browser that combines the two most frequently used browser engines (Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Gecko) into one program. Its advanced web page analysis features make it the perfect companion for webmasters and web developers.
With Site Inspector’s very own browser, the Analyzing Browser, users can switch between the two browser engines with just one mouse click, e.g., to compare the rendering of a page in both browsers. The sophisticated web page analysis functions - which also integrate into Internet Explorer and Firefox - make analyzing and debugging web sites easy.
Whenever you access a web page using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Site Inspector's browser you will find a wealth of analysis functions in the toolbars and menus. For example:
- For any given URL, users can access lists of the images, forms, links, frames, metatags, or the scripts of a web page as well as the HTML source and HTTP headers.
- Using the Highlight function, users can mark any HTML tag with a colored border inside the rendered web page (e.g., to show all TD tags in a page). An invaluable tool for web designers.
- A pixel grid as well as guide lines can be shown in a web page.
- All image tags and link URLs can be shown right inside a web page.
- You can copy the page URL, page title, page source, list of URLs, and even the page as a bitmap to the clipboard.
- The browser window can be resized to various standard screen sizes (e.g. 800x600) and you can zoom into a web page.
- A fine selection of tools that are available online (e.g. "CSS/HTML validation", "link checking", "ping the server", "traceroute the server", "show domain owner", "W3C markup validation") is already included and can be customized.
Comprehensive Website Analytics
The analysis features can be accessed right inside the Analyzing Browser as well as in convenient toolbars that Site Inspector adds to Internet Explorer and the ever more popular Mozilla Firefox browser.
This screenshot shows the analysis menu of both the IE and the Firefox toolbar as well as the main window of the Analyzing Browser.
Site Inspector's "Analyzing Browser"
Site Inspector includes its own browser application that offers all analysis options inside one program. Both the IE and the Mozilla browser engine are built into it and you can toggle the browser engine which renders the webpage with one mouseclick.
Also, with one mouse click you can navigate through the various analysis options. E.g. Browse a list of images, links, and metatags.
To run Paessler Site Inspector Version 4 on your system you will need
- Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP or 2003
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Firefox 1.0.x (optional)
- about 30 MB of disk space
Updating Existing Installations
Please download the latest file from the download link above and simply install it over your existing installation. If you have formerly purchased a license of Site Inspector please also install the Freeware Edition to get the latest version.