Paessler SNMP Tester
Simple Debugging Tool for Monitoring Configurations that use SNMP
With SNMP Tester you can run simple SNMP requests against a device in your network. This test program is based on the SNMP technologies built into PRTG Network Monitor.
The idea of this program is to have a tool that enables the user to debug SNMP activities in order to find communication and/or data problems in SNMP monitoring configurations. If the SNMP connection works with this test program it will also work with PRTG.
- Download the ZIP file (see link below), unzip all files into a folder of your choice and run the snmptest.exe file from the ZIP file
- Enter the IP address of your device and select the SNMP port and the SNMP community string
- Select the SNMP Version between
- V1 (standard and most common)
- V2c (adds support for 64 bit counters)
- V3 (adds support for authentication and encryption)
- For SNMP V3 also enter the authentication data
- Select a request type:
- 32 bit Traffic Counter: Reads the traffic counter of a port according to the MIB2 OID
- 64 bit Traffic Counter: for SNMP V2c and V3 only
- Custom OID: Enter a custom OID value to access any OID value on the device
- Read Device Uptime: Reads the standard system uptime value from the device
- Scan Available Interfaces: Tries to enumerate all interfaces (ports) of the device
- Scan Available OIDs from OIDLOB: Load an OIDLIB file (created from a SNMP MIB file using our MIB Importer Tool) and tests all OIDs from the lib file
- In some cases it may be necessary to select a specific "Local IP" for the SNMP request (usually only necessary for multi homed systems)
- Click on "Run Test" to start the testing proces. Check "Repeat Every" to run the test continously.
This Freeware program is provided free for Paessler customers, mainly as a diagnostic tool for users of PRTG. Please understand that we can not provide support for the program.
- V5.0.11 Beta (April 30th 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0.10 Beta (March 20th 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0.9 Beta (March 11th 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V5.0 Beta (February 5th 2013): Beta version with enhanced options
- V3.2 (December 2009): Added option to run scan every x seconds
- V3.1f (August 2009): Maintenance release
- V3.1b (May 2009): Maintenance release
- V3.1 (Apr 2009): Added option to enable Single Get, added more debug output when scanning interfaces
- V3.0 (Nov 2008): Updated for compatibility with PRTG 7, added OIDLIB support
- V2.2 (April 2006): Improved error handling, minor bugfixes
- V2.1 (April 2006): Enhanced SNMP management
- V2.0 (March 2006): Added support for SNMP Version 2c and 3
- V1.2 (November 2005): Added "Scan Interfaces" option
- V1.1 (October 2005): Initial release
Please choose a version. There is a brand new beta version available with the latest features, as well as a stable version.
We recommend trying the beta version first. If it does not bring the expected results you can still switch to the stable version. Any feedback is welcome!
Choose the stable version if the beta version does not work on your system or doesn't bring the expected results.