Windows Network Monitor
PRTG Monitors Your Windows Network 24/7
Windows Network Monitor PRTG
With PRTG Network Monitor the network experts from Paessler have created a comprehensive Windows network monitor. A substantial set of special sensors enables the PRTG Windows Network Monitor to access monitoring values using the Windows built-in WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation).
The Paessler Windows Network Monitor is available as a freeware version or in various other editions. Compared to other Windows Network Monitor tools PRTG comes with a very simple licensing model that delivers the entire functionality even in the freeware edition.
Additionally to PRTG we offer tools and guides to optimize your Windows network monitoring:
Free tool: Paessler WMI Tester
Additionally Paessler offers a practical freeware tool to test WMI connections. It tests the accessibility of WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) counters in a quick and easy manner.
Free download of the Paessler WMI Tester...
Optimizing WMI installations
Sometimes issues with WMI installations can obstruct the Windows server monitor. In most cases, these issues stem from malfunctioning WMI configurations/installations. For such issues we have published a Guide to troubleshooting WMI problems.
The most important WMI sensors of PRTG Network Monitor:
- WMI CPU Load: Measures a system’s CPU load (total and per-CPU)
- WMI Memory: Displays free system memory (MB and %)
- WMI Disk Space: Free disk space on fixed drives (MB and % per drive)
- WMI Network Card: Measures traffic going through network cards
- WMI Page File: Checks the usage of the Windows page file
- WMI Service: Checks whether a service is running and optionally restarts a service if it is not
- WMI Event Log Sensor: Monitors a system’s application, system and security event log for specific events
- WMI Process: Monitors one process via WMI
- WMI File: Monitors file size and existence, as well as changes to a file via WMI
- WMI Query: Performs a custom WMI query
- WMI Vital System Data: Users can select from more than 20 different vital Windows system parameters (CPU: Percent Processor Time, CPU: Processor Queue Length, CPU: Processor Percent Privileged Time, CPU: Processor Percent User Time, Thread Context Switches, Memory: Free Physical Memory, Memory: Total Visible Memory, Memory: Pages/sec, Memory: Page Faults/sec, Memory: Page Reads/sec, Memory: Page Writes/sec, Memory: Pool Nonpaged bytes, Pagefile Usage, Disk: Percent Disk Time, Disk: Current Disk Queue Length, Disk: Reads/sec, Disk: Writes/sec, Network: Bytes Total/sec, Network: Bytes Received/sec, Network: Bytes Sent/sec, Server: Bytes Total/sec, Server: Bytes Received/sec, Server: Bytes Sent/sec, etc.)
- WMI Exchange Server: Monitors vital readings of an Exchange Server