What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Web interface access

Votes:

When I try to start PRTG Network Monitor, I get a window titled "Prtg gui starter" with the message "Invalid PRTG webserver configuration". I've opened the PRTG Server Administrator, but I don't see what could be wrong with the configuration there. How can I get past this?

Thanks.

access prtg web-interface

Created on Jan 23, 2014 4:44:36 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
please try navigating to the PRTG web interface in your browser directly. It should be reachable on IP/Port combination which can be determined in the PRTG Server Administrator. The error you are running in is a very rare one which only special cases occurs where the GUI Starter script cannot read the standard browser. Unfortunately, no fix is available so far.
Best regards

Created on Jan 23, 2014 7:15:27 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, Konstantin! Your suggestion worked perfectly!

Created on Jan 24, 2014 2:23:03 PM

Votes:

Is there still no solution to this problem? I began to encounter it shortly after switching from a wireless to a wired connection for better stability. I can still access via chrome using the localhost IP, but the icon does not load. I'm unsure what might be different about the monitor's web gui vs just going directly there?

Created on Sep 2, 2014 10:43:52 PM

Votes:

The issue is that the icon should be able to read the default browser from the registry of the machine but cannot, there is no difference between the webgui button and opening a web browser and going to it, other than the extra steps. As Konstantin said, it's something that we are aware of but are having issues solving / re-producing. For now, opening a browser and going to the URL should work fine.

Created on Sep 4, 2014 9:04:29 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

FYI: I'm using V 14.3.11.2750 and have the same issue. I restored an older version of the "PRTG GUI Starter.exe" file and it works.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 1:48:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.