What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wrong Datatree Version. Needed 6-found:7

Votes:

Hi,

After uninstall PRTG12 (PRTG Network Monitor 12.2.2.2157 Setup Commercial (Stable).exe). Then re-install PRTG9(PRTG Network Monitor 9.2.1.2280 Setup (Commercial).exe)

I use the same data folders and config file. The system responsed Wrong Datatree Version. Needed 6-found:7

What should I do? (I had tried to unzip "/configuration Auto-Backups/" and overwrite the current config, still the same situation)

Screen Capture

data-tree-version prtg wrong

Created on Jun 29, 2012 8:28:13 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

sorry, there is no way to export from the configuration, sorry

if you want to run Version9, you need a version 9 configuration, sorry.

You could run version 12 freeware on a spare PC and load the version 12 configuration, to see which devices are missing in your old configuration.

Created on Jun 29, 2012 12:00:38 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

you need to use a configuration file from a date where PRTG 9 was still installed. Did you do that?

Created on Jun 29, 2012 9:27:01 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I haven't try that. But I need the newest config (new device/sensor design) to manage the network. If I recover the config file back to older version. The device and sensor assignment will be the old version?

Created on Jun 29, 2012 9:32:16 AM

Votes:

hallo,

a PRTG12 configuration file will not work with PRTG9, sorry.

Created on Jun 29, 2012 9:54:06 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Paessler,

What's the content inside PRTG Configuration.dat?? (The devices & Sensors?)

If so, is there any way to export devices/sensors from older config file?

Thanks!

Created on Jun 29, 2012 10:32:43 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

sorry, there is no way to export from the configuration, sorry

if you want to run Version9, you need a version 9 configuration, sorry.

You could run version 12 freeware on a spare PC and load the version 12 configuration, to see which devices are missing in your old configuration.

Created on Jun 29, 2012 12:00:38 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.