What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process"

Votes:

Starting with Version 12, we are getting the following errors on two of our servers. I've rebooted the servers (and PRTG servers) and it doesn't seem to help. One of the servers is a Windows 2008 box and the other is a Windows 2003 box.

PRTG 12 may not have caused the issue, but after the install, these two servers have multiple sensors with this error. I just upgraded to the newest build (1881) and it displays the same behavior.

Do you have any suggestions?

down prtg sensor win32-perfrawdata-perfproc-process

Created on May 17, 2012 6:22:07 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Although Microsoft clearly states in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2512451

that Windows 2008 NOT R2 also uses the aforementioned class, you could try it with the unnumbered Terminal Services Sensor, which uses the old class.

If that doesn't work either, please work your way through our WMI Repair List because obviously that target machine has "forgotten" about that class.

Created on May 10, 2013 3:58:07 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 13, 2015 5:46:40 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

21 Replies

Votes:

Hello Shane,

would you please take a look at registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PerfProc\Performance and here the value of "Disable Performance Counters". It should be set to "0".

Best regards, Thomas

Created on May 18, 2012 8:16:01 AM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. That helped one of the machines. I still have two others that it didn't. I have changed/verified the setting on both and rebooted both machines.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Created on May 25, 2012 12:09:19 PM

Votes:

Both machines have a tick in that box for PerfProc.

Created on May 25, 2012 5:44:59 PM

Votes:

Similar problem here, but instead of "Classes not found" we have

Instance(s) not found "Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process\1220"

right after updating to PRTG 12.

Changing the registry key as said above, switched the error to

Unknown Error in "Win32_Process".

This happened with the wmiservicesensor on only one machine. Other machines on the same probe have wmiservicesensor as well, an the machine with the error has other wmi sensors, which work.

Any ideas?

Created on May 29, 2012 12:50:56 PM

Votes:

Have you tried adding the sensor anew?

Created on May 29, 2012 3:16:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Creating a new sensor on our affected machines results in the same error message:

Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process"

Created on May 29, 2012 4:00:33 PM

Votes:

Have the same problem ranging from old Win 2K to new Win 2008 R2. Tried all of the above and tried to recreate sensors. Still not working.

Can you revert to working PRTG 9 version after upgrade to 12?

Created on May 29, 2012 4:18:33 PM

Votes:

Just wanted to report the same exact problem here. Only one server is affected, even though we use this sensor type on many servers. None of the above resolved the issue.

Created on May 29, 2012 8:17:18 PM

Votes:

We have the same problem after update to version 12. It's only one machine affected.

Created on May 30, 2012 9:59:36 AM

Votes:

Hi,
we are working on a fix with high priority but at the moment we cannot give a precise release date.
Best regards

Created on May 30, 2012 10:40:32 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same Problem here. About 1000 WMI-Sensors and only the sensors for one machine are not working. "Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process"

Created on May 30, 2012 11:40:56 AM

Votes:

Hi all,
please perform a upgrade to the most recent version of PRTG 12.2.1.2029. We added a switch to the sensor settings called "CPU Usage". Set the same to "Don't monitor CPU Usage" for all affected sensors. This can be done with multi-edit and should fix the issue for now. Additional we are working on a further solution.
Best regards

Created on Jun 5, 2012 2:19:28 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is this one of the "new" style updates that does not interrupt the system? IS there "downtime" associated to this update? Thanks!

LN

Created on Jun 5, 2012 7:45:29 PM

Votes:

Hi,
the update is normal update and there should be no downtime.
Best regards

Created on Jun 6, 2012 7:47:40 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I just wanted to report that I followed the directions above (I actually updated to v12.2.1.2041) and the error is *not* occurring anymore, as you advised.

I'm not sure how the CPU usage factors into this sensor, as it's not one of the metrics listed under channels. In either case, it works now and that's good enough for us.

Created on Jun 6, 2012 3:53:17 PM

Votes:

The new build and setting change also fixed our issue.

Created on Jun 6, 2012 4:45:13 PM

Votes:

New setting worked on Win 2008, not working on Windows 2K at all, have 3 different W2K and none can be monitored using WMI-Service sensor. Disk space an CPU load work however...

Created on Jun 7, 2012 3:50:11 PM

Votes:

Hi,
please note that W2K is not officially suppported anymore since PRTG 7 which was released in 2009. We are not testing on W2K machines and therefore we cannot guarantee that monitoring of the same will continue working. Albeit that there is a workaround either using a Custom WMI Sensor as described here or you may use a external sensor called Service Status from PRTG Addons.
Best regards

Created on Jun 8, 2012 6:35:54 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 8, 2012 6:36:04 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am having this issue on core version 13.1.2.1463. I've check the RPC and DCOM services on the server as well. Server version is Windows Server 2008 Standard Version 6.0.6002 SP2 Build 6002.

I am getting Class(es) not found: Win32_PerfRawData_LocalSessionManager_TerminalServices".

I have plenty of other servers with the same version and domain that are not having this issue. The registry key above does not exist on this server and this issue remains even after a server restart. Any help or update is appreciated.

Created on May 9, 2013 2:45:49 PM

Votes:

Just found a difference with working servers for WMI sensors. The sensors that are working monitoring terminal service sessions are on 2008R2 servers the one that isn't working is on a 2008 Standard sp2 server. What is the issue here? Is there a different sensor type I should be using for this version of server?

Created on May 9, 2013 3:00:57 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Although Microsoft clearly states in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2512451

that Windows 2008 NOT R2 also uses the aforementioned class, you could try it with the unnumbered Terminal Services Sensor, which uses the old class.

If that doesn't work either, please work your way through our WMI Repair List because obviously that target machine has "forgotten" about that class.

Created on May 10, 2013 3:58:07 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 13, 2015 5:46:40 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.