Access Your PRTG Installation with Your Android Based Device
PRTG for Android - Tutorial
This short tutorial shows you how easily you can manage your PRTG installation with our PRTG for Android app. So you can even monitor your network when you're on the go!
PRTG for Android is a free Android app that connects your smartphone or tablet to your PRTG installation.
PRTG for Android brings the power of the PRTG Network Monitor interface to your Android 4.0 or later devices. With this app you can keep an eye on your network while on the go. All you need is an Android phone or tablet, or a Kindle Fire. The app supports checking multiple accounts in the background and can alert you whenever new alarms occur in any account.
Regardless of whether you use PRTG for Android on a high resolution 10" tablet or on your mobile phone - data display always adapts to your screen size, so you see as much information as possible at a glance. You can review monitoring data, run auto-discovery, set favorites and priorities, and you can achieve many other everyday network monitoring tasks.
In addition, helpful network tools come along with PRTG for Android. You can use them even without connecting to a PRTG core server.
- Connectivity: PRTG for Android connects to PRTG servers using HTTPS or HTTP over VPN, mobile networks, or WiFi/wireless LAN.
- Flexibility: Multiple accounts support to query different server/login combinations. Switch easily between different accounts to quickly view monitoring data of several installations and/or accounts.
- Versatility: The app can check all accounts, or only specific ones, automatically in the configured polling interval and notify you in your device's status bar whenever there are alarms for one of them.
- Interactivity: Configure when you want to be notified: when Alarms > 0, or when there is a certain number of new alarms, or when alarms count raised since last check. Configure notifications via the system status bar with ringtone and/or vibration (triggered for new notifications). You can even exclude "Warning" or "Unusual" states from alarms count, and set up notifications based on priority.
- Show Data: The app works with your PRTG core server to show you your device tree, sensor lists, sensor data, maps, libraries, logs—everything, in a familiar Android way. You can even add sensor gauges, as well as the global sensor status, as widgets to your home screen. Data display automatically adapts to your screen size, so you see as much information as possible at a glance.
- Perform Actions: Many features of PRTG's web interface are available: You can acknowledge alarms, pause and resume sensors, set priorities and favorites, run device auto-discovery, scan your network status instantly, work with the ticket system, etc. In addition, QR code scanning makes it easy to jump directly to a sensor or to login with an existing user account.
- Network Tools: PRTG for Android provides network tools such as ping, traceroute, DNS, raw HTTP, and MAC address lookups. You can use them even without connecting to a PRTG server.
Download the App for Android
Download the App for Kindle Fire HD
Android Version: You need Android 4.0 or later to install the app (or a Kindle Fire HD). Home screen widgets are available only on Android 4.1 or later. And, of course, the QR scanner won't be available on Kindle Fire.
Hardware: So far we have tested the all-new app on the latest Nexus, Samsung, HTC, Sony, and Kindle Fire HD devices. But we're confident that it will run smoothly on your device, too.
PRTG Core Server: The core server you connect to requires PRTG version 13.1 or later. In order to use the search function of the app, the respective core server must run PRTG 13.x.4 or later. The core server must be reachable from the network your device is connected to - either directly, or via a VPN connection.
Note: Our previous Android app, "PRTGdroid," will be discontinued. However, you can of course still use it.
PRTG Network Monitor is the powerful network monitoring tool from Paessler. The network port monitor will help you reduce costs, increase quality of service and react proactively to downtimes and system failures.
Download the freeware or the free trial and start monitoring your network today.