Access Your PRTG Installation with your Android Based Device
PRTGdroid is a free Android app that connects your smart phone or tablet to your PRTG installation.
With this app you can keep an eye on your network while on the go. All you need is an Android phone or tablet. The app supports checking multiple accounts in the background, and can alert you whenever new alarms occur in any account. Monitoring data and alarm details are displayed with PRTG's built-in 'Mini HTML' interface which is optimized for small displays and low bandwidth.
- Connectivity: PRTGdroid connects to PRTG servers using HTTPS or HTTP over VPN, 3G, EDGE, GPRS, or WiFi/wireless LAN.
- Flexibility: Multiple accounts support to query different server/login combinations. Switch easily between different accounts to quickly view monitoring data of several installations and/or accounts.
- Versatility: The app can check all accounts, or only specific ones, automatically in the configured polling interval and notify you in your device's status bar whenever there are alarms for one of them.
- Interactivity: Configure when you want to be notified: Alarms > 0 or when alarms count raised since last check. Configure notifications via the system status bar with ringtone and/or vibration (triggered for new notifications). You can even exclude "Warning" or "Unusual" states from alarms count.
- Show Data: The app embeds PRTG's 'Mini HTML' interface to display monitoring data. You can always choose between vertical and horizontal display - just turn your device. Your installation's "Favorites" sensor list is available directly from the main menu.
- Perform Actions: All features of this browser interface are available: You can acknowledge alarms, pause and resume sensors, view geo maps, change the zoom factor, etc.
- Android phone or tab
- OS 2.1 or later recommended (earlier versions might work as well)
- A computer running PRTG Network Monitor (V8.3 or later)
- The web interface of the PRTG server must be accessible for the Android device via 3G, EDGE, GPRS, WiFi/wireless LAN, or VPN
If your device does not support Android Market, please try installation via AndroidPIT.
PRTG Network Monitor is the powerful network monitoring tool from Paessler. The network port monitor will help you reduce costs, increase quality of service and react proactively to downtimes and system failures.
Download the freeware or the free trial and start monitoring your network today.