"The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software"
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: ToDos
This function is deprecated. It has been replaced by the Tickets system. We provide the documentation in this section for your information only.
The ToDos list shows items with important system information or action steps to take for the administrator.
New ToDos are created when:
- A new device or sensor has been created by the auto-discovery process and should be acknowledged by the user
- A new probe connects to the core and must be acknowledged
- A new cluster node connects to the cluster and must be acknowledged
- A new version of the software is available
- A new report is ready for review
- In a few other situations, such as when the system runs out of disk space, for licensing issues, etc.
Every ToDo should be viewed and acknowledged. By default, an email is sent to the administrator for every new ToDo that is created by the system. This can be changed in the system administration (Email Options).
Click to show all ToDos with important system information or action steps to take for the administrator. In the table list appearing, you can filter the items by using the respective options. Hover over ToDos to show other menu items. Choose between:
- All Open ToDos
Shows all ToDos with important system information for the administrator.
- Open ToDos
Shows all open ToDos, filtered by certain system event types. Hover over Open ToDos to show other menu items. Select between the following event types:
- Report Related
- Auto-Discovery Related
- Probe Related
- Cluster Related
- System Errors
- New Software Version
- Open and Acknowledged ToDos
Shows all already acknowledged ToDos as well as all open ToDos, filtered by certain system event types. Hover over Open and Ackmowledged ToDos to show other menu items. You can select the same filter types as under Open ToDos .
- Acknowledge all ToDos
This option acknowledges all open ToDos. A warning popup is shown, asking you to confirm this action.
Other Ajax Web Interface Sections