What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Force SSLv3 connections to PRTG Administration site?

Votes:

I would like to force SSLv3 on the administration site. Is this possible?

prtg ssl web-server

Created on Sep 29, 2010 12:27:20 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

[UPDATE] As of version 8.1.2.1760/1761 PRTG always uses SSLv3 connections, unless the registry is modified. For detailed information, please see: Enhanced Security

I'm afraid that is not possible.

Created on Sep 29, 2010 3:37:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 25, 2011 8:48:01 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the PRTG webserver should support SSL v2 and v3. Have you experienced any problems?

Best Regards.

Created on Sep 29, 2010 3:31:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

My organization has a policy to only allow v3 and when they scanned this server, they found it was supporting v2 and v3 and have asked me to restrict it to v3.

Created on Sep 29, 2010 3:32:59 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

[UPDATE] As of version 8.1.2.1760/1761 PRTG always uses SSLv3 connections, unless the registry is modified. For detailed information, please see: Enhanced Security

I'm afraid that is not possible.

Created on Sep 29, 2010 3:37:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 25, 2011 8:48:01 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Hello, under version 8.1.2.1810 we are experiencing the opposite problem. Our BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) starts to connect to PRTG server using sslv2 however the connection is dropped by PRTG server instead of proposing sslv3.

This behaviour can be replicated using a standard wget, that needs to be forced to v3 in order to be able to complete ssl handshake with PRTG server.

Is there any solution to rollback to PRTG v7 behaviour regarding ssl handshake?

Thank you in advance

Created on Dec 29, 2010 3:47:02 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.