What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

My SNMP IBM System X System Health sensors don't work. What can I do?

Votes:

Hi, i want monitoring ibm system x server. I install on my server IBM Systems Directory Platform Agent and now when i setup IBM System X System Health sensors in prtg I get error:" Could not find any IBM System Health metrics on this device. (code: PE194)". What am I doing wrong and what is this error?

error ibm-system-x prtg snmp

Created on Oct 28, 2013 1:00:29 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

What OS are you running on the server?

Does your IBM server have an Integrated Management Module (IMM)? If it does, please try to use the IMMs IP instead of the IP of the system itself. If you already use the IMMs IP, you can also try to use the systems IP.

Have you tried rebooting the system or reinstalling the Systems Director?

If this still doesn't fix your problem, please make sure SNMP is running on your system and you've entered the correct connection data. The easiest way to check this is to add an SNMP System Uptime sensor. It is the most basic of our SNMP sensors and it is supposed to be supported by any device that supports SNMP. If this or any other SNMP sensor works, it indicates that SNMP itself is not the problem.

The next step is to make sure that the Systems Directory has attached itself to the SNMP service correctly. Please try to add any of the other IBM System X Sensors. If any of the System X sensors works, the System Director seems to have itself attached correctly.

Created on Oct 28, 2013 2:25:19 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.