What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I use IIS as the webserver instead of the built in one?

Votes:

Is it possible to use an alternative webserver such as IIS?

Can you point me to the documentation on how to do it? I've looked through the guides and FAQ's but could not find anything that helped.

Many Thanks.

iis installation prtg windows-2008

Created on May 20, 2010 12:09:01 PM

Last change on May 26, 2010 2:58:11 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

No, sorry. You can only use the built-in web server. You can not use IIS or any other web server for PRTG (except using it as a proxy server).

Created on May 20, 2010 12:22:03 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

has anything changed so far? is it now possible to use another webserver?

if not, what about taking this as a feature request? the webserver of PRTG is limited in its functionality.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to have a different webserver for more functions.

Created on Nov 25, 2015 11:50:46 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid there are no plans in that direction. It would be a huge task, likely benefiting only a very few users (as you can see here with no further requests in over 5 years), massively complex both in development and also testing. So no plans for this, sorry.

Created on Nov 25, 2015 12:21:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry to open this thread again, but how about Windows authentication? I mean Negotiate.

Is this possible to integrate? Should be way easier than to integrate client cert authentication.

regards,

Created on Nov 28, 2016 3:41:15 PM

Votes:

Hello, I apologise for the late reply, I just go to this post. The question is not 100% clear to me I'm afraid, are you referring to Active Directory Integration into PRTG? So that users can login to PRTG with their AD-Credentials?

Created on Nov 29, 2016 3:30:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.