What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI: Error 80041008 - Incorrect parameter

Votes:

Hi there Trying to set up PRTG and do Windows monitoring through WMI. The very same setup is working elsewhere in our corporation, but I just cant make it work on our new server farm. The difference is; the new servers are Windows 2008 R2 x64 - the other ones are Windows 2008 32 bit servers. The 32 bit servers are working perfectly.

I am getting the Error 80041008 - One of the parameters to the call is not correct. I am getting that through PRTG itself and through WMI tester. Even a simple SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Memory is failing.

I have verified that the user account has the necessary access rights and that the authentication setup is correct.

Anyone seen this? I guess if they changed a lot of stuff in R2, other people would have problems too?

Thanks

2008r2 80041008 wmi

Created on Apr 28, 2010 12:36:32 PM

Last change on Apr 29, 2010 7:18:26 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Kenneth,

80041008 is a WMI specific but nevertheless very vague error indicating problems on a low system level.

Hoping that Microsoft didn't kill WMI in 2k8R2x64 globally we suggest you try the steps in our Repair List for WMI problems.

Kind regards,
- Volker

Created on Apr 28, 2010 3:36:06 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We have PRTG installed on a Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition 32-bit server and it is able to monitor our Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64-bit servers with WMI and SNMP without issues.

Created on May 3, 2010 8:20:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.