How the PRTG apps work
- The PRTG apps connect to PRTG servers using HTTPS or HTTP over VPN in mobile networks or WiFi/WLAN.
- The PRTG apps provide Simple Ping to check server reachability without having to connect to a PRTG server.
- Do nearly everything you can do in the PRTG web interface: acknowledge alarms, pause and resume sensors, set priorities and favorites, instantly scan your network status, work with the ticket system, and edit object comments.
- Access reports, send the reports as PDFs via email, or print them with AirPrint.
- In addition, QR code scanning makes it easy to directly go to a sensor or to add a user account to the PRTG apps.
- Use multiple user accounts and easily switch between them to immediately see monitoring data of different PRTG installations.
- Log in to PRTG Hosted Monitor via single sign-on (SSO) and add user accounts with all supported social logins in the PRTG apps.
- Choose your language: the PRTG apps are available in English, German, and Dutch.
- Check your network on your wrist: PRTG for iOS supports the Apple Watch and PRTG for Android supports different Android smartwatches.
Get the data
- The PRTG apps connect to your PRTG servers, so you can view your device tree, sensor lists, sensor data, maps, libraries, and much more. Also display object comments and current logs.
- The data display automatically adapts to your screen size, so you see as much information as possible at a glance.
- Refresh a page by dragging a monitoring object downward.
- The PRTG apps can notify you of outages or breached limits.
- The PRTG apps can send instant push notifications to your mobile device's notification bar. Push notifications integrate seamlessly into the notification concept of PRTG and can be configured in the PRTG web interface.
- With push notifications, you have the control over what triggers a notification and how often the PRTG apps should check for new alarms.
- Get widget notifications: the PRTG apps poll your PRTG servers for a quick status check even if you did not explicitly start your PRTG app.
Get notified more easily via
This free feature of PRTG is easily set up and comes with a full bag of advantages: similar to an SMS, you are immediately notified when something comes up. Push notifications also do not drain your battery, because only a small part of the PRTG app runs when your system receives a push message.
To send push notifications, simply set up a corresponding notification trigger for your sensors.
For a detailed guide on how to set up push notifications, see the Knowledge Base: How does the PRTG Cloud deliver push notifications?
These short tutorials show you how easily you can manage your PRTG installations with our PRTG apps for iOS or Android.
PRTG app download
Android version: You need Android 4.0 or later (or a Kindle Fire HD) to install PRTG for Android. Home screen widgets are available as of Android 4.1. The QR code scanner is not available on Kindle Fire HD.
iOS version: You need iOS 9 or later to install PRTG for iOS.
PRTG server: The PRTG server you connect to needs to be reachable from the network your device is connected to; either directly or via a VPN connection. Your PRTG server must run PRTG 13 or later. If you want to configure push notifications, your PRTG server must run PRTG 14.4.13 or later.
Note: The PRTG apps for iOS or Android do currently not support PRTG cluster setups. Should you require more detailed information or further assistance, please contact [email protected].