"The page below is from the manual of PRTG, our quick-to-install and easy-to-use network monitoring software"
Try PRTG now and see how it can make your job easier.
PRTG Manual: Libraries
The Enterprise Console has a tab-like interface. Using the tabs you can navigate through various pages with information about your monitored objects, such as your network status, monitoring results, etc., as well as access maps, reports, and settings.
There is documentation available for the following tabs:
Using Libraries is a great way to keep an eye on your network's status because you can individually select which sensors you would like to see there. For a general introduction to PRTG Libraries, please see Libraries section.
The page is split into two parts. On the left hand side you see all available libraries from one or several servers, on the right hand side the actual libraries are displayed.
- Single-click on a library's name to display it. In the tabs above the library, select from Overview , Management , Settings , Notifications , Comments , and History . Each of these tabs loads the respective functionality of the Ajax Web Interface. Click on the Save button to apply changes to your settings. Please find detailed information in the Libraries section.
- Underneath the tabs bar, there are different options available to change the current library view: You can set sensor filters (set or remove check marks to include or exclude sensors in a certain status) and change the device tree view (for details about the tree view, please see General Layout—Tree View Layout section).
- Click on a library node to edit the node settings in a new window.
- Double-click on a library's name on the left to open the library in the configured external web browser. You can edit it or add new libraries on this PRTG server. For more information see Libraries section.
- Right-click on a library's name to open a context menu. The following options are available: Add , Edit , Delete , Clone , and Open in Web Browser in the libraries overview on the left, Details... , Edit , Remove from Library... , Add Library Node... , Add Group... , and Send Link by Email on the Overview tab of a specific library on the right. For more information see Libraries section.
- Use the button Add Library to create a new library and the button for object history to view all changes to libraries.
Click on the Add Library button to add a new library to a core server.
Depending on the current setting shown in the server selection bar in the upper right corner, an (embedded) window will be opened immediately (if one specific server is selected), or you will be prompted with a selection window, asking you to choose the core server you want to add the new item to. Choose an installation to start.
For details about adding a library, please see Libraries Step By Step .