What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disabled Filled Channel Per Graph

Votes:

We have custom graphs that display data from multiple locations, but none of the data is a higher priority than the other. With channel 1 being filled it really makes a mess of the graph in this particular situation.

Is there a way to disabled filled graph mode? If not, could you add an option under sensor display for "Show channels independently (no fill)".

Along those same lines, is there a way to have all channels on a custom graph display their Max and Min values?

Thanks

prtg8 sensor-display sensor-factory

Created on Sep 24, 2010 3:21:55 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Joe,

I'm afraid it's only possible to set the graph style (filled or lines) globally (under "Setup"->"System Administration"->"Server & Website"->"Graph Type"), not for individual sensors. Please see manual section System Administration—System and Website.

Additonally, you can switch between Show channels independently (default) and Stack channels on top of each other in the settings of each individual sensor. Please see manual section Sensor Settings.

Best Regards.

Created on Sep 24, 2010 12:45:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 24, 2010 12:56:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I found a way around it that works fine, there's just no min max on the chart.

I made the Downtime channel the primary channel and then set it to not display in the graph, this made all of my channels on the graph lines like I wanted.

Thanks

Created on Sep 25, 2010 2:26:00 AM

Votes:

Joe's workaround does work (it's what I do), but for me if the PRTG server is rebooted it resets the primary channel back.

I've found this on v8.1 and v8.2

Created on Feb 3, 2011 9:14:14 PM

Votes:

This is due to the fact that the downtime channel is not supposed to be the primary channel. Tihs can cause internal problems in PRTG.

Created on Feb 4, 2011 12:00:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a plan for the future to implement this as a native feature of PRTG? Especially when comparing values (load of line 1, 2 and 3 of an UPS) within a single "Formelsensor" this would be great!

Created on Mar 29, 2011 6:50:05 AM

Last change on Apr 1, 2011 11:47:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm afraid this is currently not planned.

Created on Mar 29, 2011 12:23:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.