What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sending Traps from Cisco SNMP V3 to PRTG

Votes:

Hi,

I am planning to send SNMP Traps from Cisco routers which is currently using SNMP V3 with Authentication SHA and Encryptions AES to PRTG.

I want to check whether PRTG is capable of receiving Traps from SNMPV3 device and how please provide me a document if it does to add the SNMP trap sensors.

Thanks,

Nizz

cisco-router snmp-trap snmp-v3

Created on Jan 21, 2014 2:19:04 AM

Last change on Jan 14, 2021 12:18:08 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry, though, SNMP v3 Traps are not supported by PRTG. Current versions (up to 13.4.7) of PRTG only support SNMP v1 Traps, and coming versions with the new SNMP Trap Receiver will then support SNMP v2 Traps (but not v3). Sorry.

best regards.

Created on Jan 21, 2014 1:26:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, i think (6 years later) it should have been able to get SNMP Traps v3 to work. Our backup software ONLY supports traps with v3 and not with older version, so now i cannot user traps for the backups.

Created on Jan 12, 2021 3:07:26 PM

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid SNMPv3 Traps are still not supported by PRTG. I've noticed that there's already an official feature request. We prioritize feature requests based on the number of customer requests. Therefore please make sure to vote for it if you are interested in this.

Created on Jan 14, 2021 12:22:22 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.