What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CPU usage sensor not showing decimals on total results

Votes:

I have noticed that most of the CPU sensors only show integer results, even when i check the decimal option under the channel tab. I have set up several to monitor for now and see if the results change at some point to show decimal as well, for the total of CPU usage. Doesnt matter how many decimal places i use on the set up for it, it only shows integers (1.00%, 4.00%, 9.00% etc). I have only seen the results in decimals in some cpu sensors but not in all of them, and the channel is set to show decimals "automatic". Is there any way i can set up all of them to show results with decimals?

Thanks in advance.

cpu-load decimal-places integer results

Created on Apr 19, 2013 2:20:59 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

You can use multi-edit to edit the channels of multiple sensors at once. The problem that you may find though is that when windows is reporting CPU load, it does not do so with numbers beyond integers. Multi-Edit

If you want to see what windows is reporting, you could use the SNMP Tester with OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1 and see what that returns. From the tests that I did, Windows only reports whole numbers for this value, similar to task manager.

Created on Apr 22, 2013 12:09:17 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.