What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you uninstall PRTG Network Monitor

Votes:

I installed the freeware version of PRTG Network Monitor and decided it was not what I was looking for, but the program will not uninstall and has a message that I need to close one or more of its services first. Windows task manager does not show any open. I went into PRTG Probe and Server admin. and used the start/stop option and stopped both and still get same message. Help ;-)

freeware prtg uninstall

Created on Dec 11, 2012 4:53:11 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please set the PRTG Services (Probe & Core) to be of the type manual and stop them both. Then please make sure that also the Enterprise Console does not automatically start with Windows. Then please restart the whole machine, and try the uninstallation again.

best regards.

Created on Dec 11, 2012 1:41:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I have followed the steps in "PRTG Manual: Uninstall PRTG Products"

I managed to delete all files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor" folder except " PRTG Server.exe"

How do I get rid of it??

Created on Sep 17, 2016 1:36:39 AM

Votes:

Please try a reboot of the machine. Can you then delete it?

Created on Sep 19, 2016 7:23:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.