What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Proxy not working

Votes:

Hi,

today I tried to enable the new proxy feature for auto-update, maps, etc. (thanks for implementing!) but it doesn't seem to work. Our proxy uses Web Proxy Autodiscovery (WPAD) and needs authentication. The users can or can not browse the Internet based on the group they are in (Active Directory).No matter what I try to enter in "Proxyserver" and "Username" in PRTG it doesn't work. Tried IP-address, FQDN, Hostname. For the username I tried domainname/username, username only, username@domainname. I always get Error in autoupdate() when trying to download an update. The server-systemlog additionally throws Autoupdate: Response 400, -1000000, 0.0.0.0. Also when looking at the logs in the proxy there is nothing. Seems like PRTG isn't even trying to use the proxy. Active Directory integration is functional, if I log on the Server with the credentials I try to get PRTG to work with, I can browse the net normally. Any ideas on this? Is 0.0.0.0 in Autoupdate: Response 400, -1000000, 0.0.0.0 an IP-address? Does PRTG not take over the settings I entered?

active-directory http-proxy proxy wpad

Created on Sep 19, 2012 1:14:59 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

We're at the moment only supporting basic authentication with the proxy server. We will do some research, how much work it would be, to add other methods.

Created on Sep 19, 2012 3:28:07 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Last change on Sep 19, 2012 3:32:41 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.