What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Phone's

Votes:

Heey,

I have recently asked for a alternative to monitor phone's using syslog sensor.

This is not able to work yet becouse the syslog sensor cannot handle the amount of messages send.

Iam trying to build a alternative now using a syslog server to collect the date and want to send this to the windows eventlog.

With this working i could use a eventlog sensor to monitor this matter.

I know this is a bit offtopic question on prtg support but,

I was wondering if any1 knows a way to collect the syslog info(syslog server) and let this send the info to the eventlog.

Hope some1 knows a way/tool to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Shara

event-log prtg syslog

Created on Sep 6, 2012 8:07:47 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PTF.SyslogListener

This is possible with the PTF.SyslogListener application. This is a desktop application that listens for syslog events and is able to forward them to the evenlog, write them to a .csv file and even send you an email.

Using filter options, you can get notified when a specific syslog event occurs.

PTF.SyslogListener can be downloaded from this page.

Created on Sep 13, 2012 7:39:57 AM

Last change on Sep 13, 2012 7:39:57 AM

Votes:

Haha,

Beste Gerard,

Dit is een post door mij(patrick)

Mvg.

PS: ik ben nog bezig met uitvoerig testen.

Created on Sep 13, 2012 7:58:50 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.